twenty one

Troubles

With a gentle knock, you stepped into Mingyu's office and closed the door behind you. Then your gaze shifted to Mingyu who was sitting behind the desk signing some documents.
"I need to go somewhere this evening," you informed him the moment his eyes stopped on you.

"Where? "

"I received a message from an unknown number, telling me they want me to go to a specific party which will be held in a club. But it's not only that," You took a deep breath. "They also know about Jungkook." You confessed.

Mingyu's eyes widened as he slowly placed the pencil down on the desk.

"If I will come, they will not appear. They will not stop with only a threat and we have to know who they are and what they want." Mingyu thought out loud. "But still, I can come with you and watch over you while staying hidden somewhere inside the club," Mingyu suggested then waited for your response.

"And what if they will follow me from here? Besides, I know who the person is. It's either Kai or Mark. Or both of them. Jennie made sure to meet the guys. It seems she knows them pretty well." You pushed the inside of your cheek with your tongue in annoyance.

"I am not scared of them. I am more scared of them going to the police and informing them about Jungkook. I can't take him and run away just like that as it happened four years ago. I can't risk, not after his face is constantly shown on the news."

Mingyu closed his eyes slowly as he brought his hand to massage the back of his head. "Damn it. What's wrong with that girl? She promised me she will be careful and not make me problems." Mingyu said with a disappointed voice.
"Who are those guys and what do they want? "

"I don't know but I will make sure to find out." You bit your lip piercing you just bought as you remembered how the both of them were looking at you the day you met.

"I need clothes and you will come with me to help me buy something." You said as you stared down at Mingyu.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow seeing you so worked up.

"Why?"

"Because I need a man's opinion." You grinned. "And I have faith in your taste."

Mingyu stared at you deep in thoughts. Then he smiled after figuring out what was your plan.
"You sly woman!"

Your smile widened but soon faded away as Jungkook popped up in your mind. "How is he by the way?" You asked Mingyu worryingly. "I didn't have the opportunity to see him after you hypnotized him. Did everything work out well?"

Mingyu tilted his head, thinking of something. Then, after a short pause, he smiled warmly. "He will be the one to tell you everything."

You raised your eyebrows in confusion.

"He is alright, Y/N. I hope that with this new information everything will change in our favor."

Your pov

I sighed as I stared at my reflection in the big mirror in front of me. When was the last time I have done this? Actually wearing make-up and having my hair done, I thought to myself as I slid my fingers through my curls. I couldn't recognize myself. I like to be a little more natural. For the first time in my life, I felt fake. This wasn't me.

After taking in my black long sleeve dress, I rolled my eyes exasperated. It was kinda too much, but after seeing Mingyu's flushed face ready to explode the moment I stepped out of the dressing room in it, I didn't think too much before buying it.