twenty two

~The world is small~

Jungkook's pov

This wasn't part of my plan, I thought frustrated as I headed toward them. The whole idea was to stay somewhere hidden and observe, yet here I was, once again, on the verge of tearing someone's head off.

Everything around me became pitch black from the moment I saw her getting up and approaching that guy. And I couldn't just ignore it. I just couldn't.

I didn't want to follow her. Actually, I felt bad doing it, but the way she dressed and the motive behind it wasn't quite convincing and build suspicion in my heart.

As soon as I was close enough, I grabbed her wrist tightly with no intention of letting her go.

You will not leave me. I will not let you.

Despite my calm appearance, my heart was racing at an alarming speed.
This is how she felt every time I went to others?

I needed to pull her far away from his tight hold and make him stop touching her before I would lose completely my mind and do something stupid. Something I was sure I would regret. Something I was sure would disappoint her.
After all, four years ago, I went through the same thing. Back then, I went that far to the point of hurting her.
Remembering how everything ended because of my stupid actions, I made sure to hold my feelings under control and never let that happen again.

She has a reason. There must be a reason why she is doing this. I am sure. I am sure. I repeated that to myself to help me calm down. In fact, I was repeating it since I left Mingyu's house to follow her.

Knowing her getting out of the house looking like that, in that dress, dark thoughts took over my judgment. I couldn't help it, after all, I had a problem when it came to people, as well as when it came to my self-confidence.
I told myself that everything was inside my stupid mind which had such an amazing talent for making things up, to seem different from the reality, so I put aside the idea of her cheating on me and followed her only to make sure no one will hurt her in any way.

But after seeing her with this guy, only with this guy, everything started to change drastically. She actually came here for this guy. Why? Why?

I bit my lip until it almost drew blood. I felt how my eyes started to sting. After all... Did you get sick of me? "

"I know everything about you, Jungkook. Actually, is not that hard. All I had to do was to search on the internet for a couple of minutes..."

And it was enough to know everything about my life?

"Do you have any idea how popular you became around here? If I would snatch that mask off your face, everyone in this room would recognize you immediately."

This guy was talking and talking but I couldn't hear his words because of the loud beating of my heart.
Not that I was curious to hear what he had to say.
The tone of his voice and the way he was looking at me, were enough to see what he thought of me. It happened too many times for me to not see the obvious.

I couldn't help but smile.

Another one who thought of me as useless. I guess this will never change.

I shrugged it off inside my heart and didn't think too much about it. I didn't want to think about it. After all... I was used to these kinds of stuff. The truth was visible in every inch of my flesh and bone.
If I wanted to keep going and survive, there was no other way but to ignore their cold eyes and mean words.