Chapter 22

Naruto is looking toward Gaara to continue his speech. "Thank you, Naruto. As I was saying, The Akatsuki have been a problem for a long time now. Your indecision has harmed the lives of all Jinchūriki and the lives of Konoha's citizens. We were lucky Naruto was able to find a way to bring them back," Gaara finishes his thoughts. The Raikage was sitting uncharacteristically still during Gaara's attack on the Gokage's wavering. "How did you do that bye the way?" Mei asks the blonde. "The exact mechanicis behind the resurection of the countless deaths in the wake of Pain's attack are beyond me. But, from what the remaining Akatsuki member said during the event I hope I can derive some sort of explination that would satisfy the five of you sitting here," Naruto says.

Mifune was shocked to be included in Naruto's count. Usually, during these meetings, Shinobi and especially the Gokage were incredibly self-focused. They tended to forget that there was a world outside of their respective villages. So it was a nice breath of fresh air for the old Samurai. "From what she said, the dojutsu of the leader was the guard between life and death. Since the leader was this guard, he could use his ocular prowess to funnel the recently departed back into their bodies. It seemed to heal the killing blow, but every other injury preceding that blow was left untouched," Naruto says with a sigh. "As I said. This is way beyond me. Any of your guesses of how this worked are just as valid as mine," Naruto says.

"How were you able to defeat his if he had such a strong dojutsu?" Mei tries to learn a bit more. "I took advantage of his weaknesses and struck with precision and speed," Naruto says. "Don't get me wrong, it wasn't as easy a fight as I make it sound, but there really wasn't enough time for me to strategise and develop a solid plan. I was away on village business when the attack started," Naruto explains. "I see..." Mei says. "Enough ego stroking our newest member! We came here to discuss what to do about the remaining Akatsuki threat," Oonoki says firmly. "Like I said, Fence Sitter, I have the most experience fighting Akatsuki members here. So it is only natural for the less experienced to have questions, wouldn't you agree?" Naruto asks.

The Raikage was clenching his fist. This upstart was getting too much credit. His head was getting too big. He even threatened war with the cloud! How dare he!? Naruto looks toward the angry man. His chakra was getting erratic. Naruto sighs. "I have had it!" Everyone in the entourages jumps down to protect their Kage. Mifune sighs. "We are here to talk. Please resist the urge to emotional outbursts that do not help the discussion," Mifune says exasperatedly. "Stand down, Kakashi, Yamato," Naruto says to his former sensei and former captain. "Very well. But I'll continue to look out. Can't let my Hokage die on my first day on the job, now could I?" Kakashi says with an eye smile. "Please do not imply that you would let me die at a later date..." Naruto sweatdrops. Yamato chuckles lightly at the two of them.

"Temari, Kankuro You too," Gaara orders. The siblings nod and relax their stances. "Chōjūrō, Ao, it's alright," Mei says. "Hai!" The older of the two states. Naruto sends a side glance to him. There is something weird about the man's right eye; it doesn't feel right. It's like Danzo's right eye, foreign but integrated. The Tsuchikage sends a nod to his subordinates, and they stand down. They all jump back behind the banners. "Konoha, Iwa, Suna, Kiri. The Akatsuki is made up of nuke-nin of your villagers. And that is not all. Some of you have even used the Akatsuki as a mercenary group. Be it the current Kage or a previous one for your own benefit! I don't trust any of you!" The Raikage exclaim after removing his hand from the crater he made. "Used them? What are you talking about?" Gaara asks. "The Yondaime Kazekage used Orochimaru to fight a war against Konoha! That move cost him his own and the Sandaime Hokage's life!" The Raikage says just as firmly as Oonoki.

"I didn't come here to talk! I came here to ask you of where your loyalties lay!" The Raikage continues. "Kirigakure is the most suspicious out of everyone here! You guys never use diplomacy. The Akatsuki is even rumoured to originate from your lands! Well?!" The Raikage finishes. Mei takes a few seconds to gather herself. The next piece of information she will say will be quite the story. "There are suspicions in our village that say that my predessour, the Yondaime Mizukage was under the control of someone. It's a strong possibility that he was under the control of someone from the Akatsuki," Mei says sombrely. "We tried to keep such information from spreading to unwanted ears, that is why we have stop diplomatic missions to the other villagers," Mei says. "All of you are-" The Raikage starts. "You should hold your tongue. In this world where downsizing and eased tensions rule you and your village have gone in the other direction by devoloping new ninjutsu and military stregnth. The other villages had to compensate by using groups like the Akatsuki to keep the balance of power," Oonoki says. "What did you say!" The Raikage growls.