13. Day 7 - Love is about Desire

It was a new day for the couple and their plan for today was to go for shopping and do local sightseeing.

Abhay and Anusha were dressed up in their warm attire as per the weather. They were about to leave their hotel room for the day when they heard someone Knocking at their door.

Anusha raised her brows and was confused at the sudden presence outside their room.

"Let me see who is it." Abhay whispered back to Anusha and moved towards the door. He opened the door and for a second was unable to make out who is the person standing at their door.

"Who is it?" Anusha inquired and stood besides Abhay, she moved her head slightly to see and was astonished to find that the person standing at their door was the wife of that psycho man.

"You?" Anusha questioned once she recognised the woman.

"Hi! Actually I wanted to speak to both of you." The woman said and both Abhay and Anusha made some space for her to enter inside their room.

Abhay sat on the leather couch with Anusha sitting besides her, while the woman decided to sit on the chair placed in the left corner of the room.

"I am Anusha and he is Abhay, please feel comfortable with us. You can speak your heart out with us." Anusha stated genuinely.

"My name is Jyoti, and I had married that man an year ago, we both were college sweethearts and were deeply in love with each other but things changed after our marriage. His behaviour changed, he used to smoke daily, he used to often come home late, his drinking habits changed, our bond changed, he used to taunt me, he even started raising his voice at me, and when I started raising my voice against his misbehaviour towards me then he raised his hand at me. His actions and words were day by day tormenting me, and when I tried to take help from our family members then everyone told me that I am overreacting. I was extremely astonished that day, when he told me that we are coming to Shimla, I was so exhilarated that day, I thought finally things are going to change between us, but I was proved wrong again, he again started torturing me, his taunts and harsh words had no stopping point. However I am thankful to the almighty that both of you came at the right time and saved me from that monster." The woman whose name was Jyoti spoke.

Anusha and Abhay both felt emotional after hearing Jyoti's story. They both felt bad for the poor soul.

"It's alright, your past doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is your present and now that you are free  from all the boundations you have to strive hard and build your future. There are so much better things lying ahead of you, so just focus on the positive side." Abhay said with a genuine smile on his face to which Anusha nodded her head rapidly.

"Thanks!" Jyoti mumbled out with a small smile on her face, however there was a little glint of happiness in Jyoti's eyes which was directed towards Abhay that didn't go unnoticed by Anusha.

"So what are you going to do next?" Anusha questioned taking Jyoti's attention towards herself.

"Nothing much I was just thinking to go back to my hometown." Jyoti uttered out while looking at Abhay on the other hand Anusha kept her gaze at Jyoti. She raised her brows at Jyoti's facial expression which were screaming that she wanted to add on more however was controlling her words.

"Do you want to say something more?" Anusha inquired unable to hold on her curiosity.

"Actually I wanted to speak to Abhay." Jyoti whispered to which Abhay got a bit confused. He was sitting silently for a while but the moment his name was pronounced by Jyoti, he was taken aback.