29. Falling in Love with my Husband

Four months had passed since Abhay protected his wife from the harassment she felt at her workplace. Things were going pretty much smoothly between the couple. It was a new day, sun was shining brightly and the weather was also warm.

Abhay grumbled in his sleep and after shifting a little he started waking up from his sleep. Abhay rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, and yawned slightly. He turned his head in the other direction to wake his wife up, but was taken aback when he found no one besides him.

Abhay started calling for Anusha, assuming that she might be in the washroom, but to his extreme disappointment the washroom was vacant.

"Where could she go?" Abhay mumbled feeling a bit puzzled.

Feeling concerned for his wife Abhay, took his phone and made a call to Anusha but again there was no response.

"Maybe she might have gone out with Mom." Abhay whispered to himself. Abhay sighed and decided to freshen up first and then ask about his wife's whereabouts.

It took him around twenty minutes to freshen up and get dressed, he had an off today as it was Saturday and Similarly Anusha also had a day off.

Abhay ambled downstairs towards the living room and saw his father and brother's watching a news channel on the television.

"Dad do you know where is Mom and Anusha?" Abhay questioned.

"Your Mom is in the kitchen and about Anusha she had gone out to purchase groceries." Mr Gupta said while watching the news very keenly.

Abhay nodded a little and sat besides Rohan. He was still confused at Anusha's sudden trip to supermarket as Anusha never goes to purchase groceries or other stuff alone as she always prefers someone accompanying her however Abhay decided not to ponder over it anymore and continued to watch television along with his family.

All of them were so engrossed in the television that they didn't heard someone coming inside from the main door.

"Oh! Anusha you are back? Did you got all the stuff which you required?" Mrs Gupta inquired while sensing Anusha's presence.

"Yes Mom I got all the necessary stuff and to be honest this entire process of buying groceries was so much painful today. There was this person who was selling 1kg tomatoes for rupees eighty, seriously Mom all the prices of vegetables and fruits are touching the sky." Anusha said while taking the bag of vegetable inside the kitchen.

Mrs Gupta giggled at her daughter in law's facial expression and nodded at Anusha's words.

"That's true groceries nowdays are way too costly." Mrs Gupta said making Anusha chuckle a little.

"Go and get fresh, I'll arrange the breakfast for everyone."  Mrs Gupta said and saw Anusha nodding hurriedly and leaving for her room straight away.

The moment Anusha entered inside her room, she felt a presence behind her and suddenly she was embraced in strong arms from behind.

"Where were you? I woke up without you in our bed, you know I was so worried for you. Also why didn't you pick my call?" Abhay said while frowning. He snuggled his head in the crock of Anusha's neck and held her firmly.

"I am so sorry but I didn't wanted to disturb your sleep, that's why I went alone." Anusha replied while smiling in her husband's embrace.

"But you always prefer someone along with you while you are going to a supermarket or shopping spree then why did you went alone today?" Abhay questioned genuinely curious.