26. Love is about a Deeper Connection

It had been a couple of days that Anusha was discharged from the hospital and was now taking rest at her home. Abhay was besides Anusha every day and night taking care of his wife. There were day's when Abhay had to attend a few important meetings, in those moments it was Mrs Gupta who used to take care of Anusha.

"What are you doing?" Abhay inquired while walking out of the washroom. He had taken a bath and was ruffling his hairs with a white towel.

"I am reading a romantic novel." Anusha said still engrossed in the book.

Abhay chuckled and threw the towel on the bed while placing himself besides his wife.

The moment Abhay sat besides Anusha, he saw her glaring back at him.

"What?" Abhay questioned feeling a bit puzzled.

"Pick that wet towel which you had very carelessly thrown at the bed and put it back at it's place." Anusha said with a serious expression trying to intimidate her husband however in Abhay's eyes she appeared extremely adorable.

"Alright my cute little clean freak." Abhay mimicked and stood up to put the wet cloth on the wooden chair so that it could dry off.

"So my queen what is your next action plan?" Abhay questioned to which Anusha giggled cutely.

"I have read enough for today now I am thinking to paint my nails." Anusha mumbled out.

She was about to stand and bring her favourite nail polish but she felt Abhay holding her wrist delicately.

"Where are you going? You are advised to take rest, it's been just four days that you have got discharged from the hospital and it does not mean that you'll start roaming here and there. You just have to sit and look pretty for me and rest I'll handle. I'll take care of your each and every need." Abhay said making Anusha's heart go haywire. She felt a warm rush passing through her body and her cheeks became red because of Abhay's actions.

Abhay stood up from the bed and made her way towards Anusha's closet, he brought a small box from the closet and kept it on the bed. He slowly opened the lid of the box and saw multiple items lying inside the box, whose owner was Anusha. Those items comprised of Anusha's brackets, earrings, necklaces, bangles and nail paints.

"So which colour of nail paint do you want?" Abhay asked and saw how Anusha was gawking at him with wide doe eyes.

"Anusha--" Abhay questioned and waved his hand a little to attract his wife's attention towards him.

"Uh--Pink one." Anusha said and saw Abhay nodding a bit.

Abhay took the pink colour nail polish and then sat besides his wife with a gentle smile on his face.

"Give me your hand." Abhay said and brought his left hand up.

Anusha cleared her throat a bit, Abhay's actions had clearly startled her. She slowly raised her right hand and placed it on Abhay's left hand.

Abhay slowly and gradually opened the lid of the nail paint and after dipping the brush a little, he started applying the nail paint on Anusha's fingers.

"It's my first time so please forgive me if I don't end up satisfying you. Though I'll try my best to not ruin your pretty hands." Abhaya snickered a bit but he saw how Anusha was only looking at him with complete fondness and affection.

"Hey! Anusha what are you wondering?" Abhaya asked curiously.

"You know Abhay When I was a teenager I used to share the description of my dream Guy with my friends and you know we all used to wonder that if we ever would get someone who would papmer us so much, who would look at us as if we are the only gorgeous human being to exist, who would be ready to accept all our little demands and treat us with utmost respect. I always had dreamed that sort of Guy for myself but as the years passed away and my interaction with Vicky made me realised that finding someone like my dream Guy is just a rare luck. My interactions with Vicky made my perception change and it changed to the point that I forgot about what I had dreamt for myself. I started thinking that love and mutual respect are just overrated terms because all people care for is money and the luxuries which we can enjoy from all that fame and money.