32. Embracing a New Journey

Spring was around the corner and the weather was quite calm. Abhay had went to his office while Anusha had a day off. It had been two years in their marriage and the couple was enjoying their married life. All the precious moments of their life were turning into beautiful memories which they had locked in their hearts and they were waiting with open arms for what future had in store for them.

Abhay was engrossed in his office work when he heard his phone blaring with notifications. He picked up his phone to see numerous miss calls from his brother.

"Why is Karan calling me continuously?" Abhay whispered to himself and decided to call his brother back.

"Karan what's wrong? Why are you calling me continuously, I have tons of work to do and you have better called me for some important work." Abhay mumbled while furiously typing on his laptop.

"Bro you need to come back, just leave your work at your office and come home quickly." Abhay heard Karan saying which made him freeze at his spot.

"Is everyone alright?" Abhay said with an unknown dread in his heart.

"Bhabhi (sister in law) had fainted suddenly and we had called the doctor to treat her, just come back quickly, Mom is extremely worried and we don't know what to do to handle the situation." Karan said on the call making Abhay terrified at the thought of his wife being unwell.

"I'll be there in sometime." Abhay whispered and disconnected the call. He went numb and for a moment was unable to move from his chair. He sighed and picked his car keys and hurriedly left for his home.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you call him?" Mrs Gupta questioned while standing in the corridor and looking continuously in the direction of Abhay's room where the doctor was currently treating her daughter in law.

"Yes Mom, I did, Bhai(brother) has just left his office and would be approaching here soon." Karan replied while Mrs Gupta nodded her head however the emotion of concern never left her body. Though her motherly instincts were telling him that her daughter in law might be expecting a child however she was waiting for the doctor to confirm her suspicion.

It was fifteen minutes later when the doctor came out of the room and ambled towards the elderly Gupta couple.

------------------------------------------------------------

Around forty minutes later Abhay at last reached his destination, he quickly parked his car in the parking area and sauntered towards his home. Once he was inside the house he saw the living room was empty and he guessed that all his family members might be in his room.

Abhay made his way towards his room and he saw his father and brother's standing in the corridor.

"Dad, what did the doctor say? Is Anusha alright? Where is Mom?" Abhay questioned his father helplessly and frowned at lack of response. Instead of giving an answer he saw his father and brother's shedding tears which was only increasing his stress.

Abhay tried to gather his courage and without wasting much time he turned towards his room, the door was unlocked but it was shut. Abhay without knocking on the door hurriedly ambled inside and saw Anusha was lying on their bed. She looked extremely tired and beads of sweat had formed on her forehead. His Mother was accompanying his wife, though it was a quite beautiful moment in his eyes to see his mother taking care of his wife with so much delicacy and love however the current situation was only making him more worried.

"I'll go out and in the meanwhile you both can have a talk." Mrs Gupta said and without waiting for Abhay's response she made her way out.

Abhay felt irritated at the lack of responses from his family member regarding Anusha's health but he kept all those things aside and sat besides Anusha, while he slowly kept his hand on his wife's hands.