Chapter thirteen

-First person-

I had finally finished making that new Wisteria Poison for Kocho. Currently, I was on my way to give it to her.

I passed a couple of small villages before I made it to the DSC Headquarters. It was quiet and gloomier than normal..

I walked inside of the Butterfly Estate and looked for Kocho.

"Ah, Sumi." I sighed in relief. "Is your master here?"

"Mister L/n!!" Sumi ran into my arms. "She isn't here right now! But-but she'll be here soon! Please stay!" The little girl pleaded.

I chuckled under my breath, "Of course."

"Really?!" Her eyes grew stars inside of them, "You're the best, Mister L/n!"

"Thank you, little Sumi." I patted her head with my free hand.

///

"Y/n, you've finished the drug already?" Shinobu asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I made it but I haven't tried it yet. I have no idea if it'll work yet, so I came here to test it out on myself. I trust that you'll leave me in good care?"

"E-Erm.. What if it kills you?" Shinobu asked, concerned.

"It'll be fine, I'm sure it's completely safe for humans. Just like the first Wisteria Poison I've made." I grinned.

"Are you sure you want to take it?" Shinobu asked, once again.

"I'm sure. If anything happens, tell Iguro I love him." I nodded my head. I was being completely honest but said that as if I was joking around.. "I'm absolutely nervous! I'm scared shitless!"

///

"Only inject fifteen milliliters."

"T-That much? Are you crazy?"

"Perhaps." I laughed. "HURRY UP BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!"

"Alright.." Shinobu injected the purple liquid into my thigh. It took a while before the poison reached my heart. But once it did, I felt the worst pain I had ever felt. I blacked out soon after.

///
-Shinobu's pov-

"Y/n!" I shouted. I just injected him with the poison and now he's screaming and scratching at his skin.. he must be in a lot of pain.

"What is happening?!" Aoi asked, rushing into the room along side Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho.

"He-"

Y/n suddenly stopped and froze in place. His mouth was wide open along with his eyes. He was breathing shallowly as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"What.. how am I supposed to help him?" I sighed in frustration. "Why did he leave me to do this?! Couldn't he have had Obanai watch over him??"

"Mister L/n!!!" Sumi cried, rushing to his side. "Is he going to be okay??"

"I'm sure he will be okay, don't worry Sumi." I reassured, stroking her hair.