Chapter sixteen

It had been a week since Muzan was defeated. The DSC had disbanded and the surviving samurai happily celebrated their victory.

That being said, Iguro felt as though he had lost his purpose in life. He was supposed to protect the lives of humans and kill demons, that's was being a hashira was. There was no more demon slayer corp, it was now nothing. Iguro didn't need to protect anyone anymore.. What was he supposed to do, now that everything was over?

///

"Guro, you like poetry don't you?" You asked with a wide grin, hiding something behind your back.

"Yeah, why?" Iguro softly asked, his head slightly turning in curiosity.

"Well, I went to a town near by and there was a book store I went into.. and-and! Guess what!"

"Wha-"

"I just so happened to find a book with poems written by Yosano Akiko! Apparently she's really good at writing!" You excitedly exclaimed, handing a well-kept brown book to your lover.

Iguro's eyes lit up, "I-.. Thank you, N/n."

The black haired male smiled gently, taking the book and opening the first page.

"This is.. impressive work. You really just so happened to find this?" Iguro asked.

"Y-Yep!" You grinned widely. You were quite surprised seeing that Iguro liked the book since.. it was about soft feminist depictions of woman's sexual freedom..

///
-previously-

You did a shit ton of research in less than 8 hours about the different poems that Iguro might like. You found many authors that were good, but not to your liking. You eventually stumbled upon an author that written beautifully. Her work was amazing. The book's title was Midaregami.

You went to a nearby town and purchased it from the bookstore, the man that owned it gave you a dirty look as you happily handed him the change.

///
-current-

"I didn't think you'd be interested in it.." You laughed awkwardly.

"It's really good so far." Iguro smiled lightly, then quickly frowning over a line. "This is.. kinda sad actually."

"How so?"

Iguro shut the book with a sigh, "It's about feminism, and knowing how strict Japan is.. it's quite sad what women have to go through."

"Oh.. Yeah totally." You nodded, mentally smiling. "Soo, he doesn't hate women anymore?"

"How about when you, Shinazugawa and Tomioka are all healed, we get together with the others and hang out?" You suggested.

Iguro smiled lightly, "I'd like that."

"Really? To spend time with your former comrades?" You asked, sorta mockingly.

"Y-Yeah.. they grew on me." Iguro rolled his eyes.

You chuckled and kissed his forehead.