Chapter twenty

Three years later, the both of you are now 24.

Iguro has a demon slayer mark, right?

///

You and Iguro, two people that couldn't be separated. You were finally happy, he was too. The both of you didn't have to worry about losing each other anytime soon.

That was until recently.

"Giyuu has died? How? He was perfectly healthy." Iguro asked the black crow that had flown into his bedroom. It was late in the night, you weren't home yet.

"Demon slayer mark, it kills its user at the age of 25." The crow told.

"What?" Iguro's duel colored eyes widened. "That means.. no, I can't leave Y/n. I can't do that to him. He doesn't deserve it."

"Kokushibo had mentioned the Curse of the mark in previous meetings. There isn't nothing you can do about it." The bird reminded. "You didn't remember?"

"No, I didn't." Iguro glared at the bird.

You came into the room, yawning as you laid down beside your husband. The bird quickly flying away to tell the news to others.

"Huh? What's up with the crow?"

" Giyuu has died." Iguro told.

"What how?" You asked. "He was.. perfectly fine last time I checked.."

"He.. randomly died.. I guess." Iguro cringed.

"I see.. oh my, poor Sanemi. I can't imagine how he feels.." you frowned. "He was a good guy, it's a shame he died so young."

"That's true." Iguro paused, "you know, I love you so much. Let's spend more time together.. I feel like we haven't been able to do that recently."

You gazed softly at the shorter/taller man, "of course. I'll take a break from the estates."

///

-Iguro's pov-

"I'm sorry Y/n, I don't want to leave you so soon.. I'm so sorry.."

I decided that I'll start writing journal entries for N/n to remember me by. I didn't want him to be in pain after losing me.

///

-One month later-
-2nd pov-

"You've been really weird lately, are you okay?" You asked, worried for your lover. "Is it because of Giyuu's death?"

"Uh.. yeah. Haha." Iguro sheepishly laughed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, it's fine."

"Bottling up your feelings aren't "fine". It isn't healthy for you, my love." You stated. "You don't have to talk to me, but please talk to someone."

"Ah, right, why didn't I think to talk to Sanemi." Iguro stared off into the distance, "right, I'll talk to someone. I promise."