Chapter fourteen

///

"Master!! Three Demon Slayers are coming soon! They fought the demon king!" Ami shouted.

"Alright, thank you for letting me know. Please help prepare some beds for them."

"Of course, Master L/n."

///

"What are their names?" You asked.

"I-I don't know any of their names."

"Alright."

///

"Bring them in this room! Master L/n is waiting to treat their wounds, they'll be in great care." Ami told. You were waiting for the Hashira and the demon slayers to arrive.

A kakushi opened the door, shaking in fear.

"W-We have 3 injured samurai.." the Kakushi stuttered.

"Alright, please contact Shinobu. I'm sure it'll be better for them to be in her care when I'm done."

"Of course, sir!" The Kakushi bowed and ran away. Four Kakushi came in the room, carrying three injured Demon Slayer.

Two were completely random slayers while the other was very familiar. He was drenched in blood, his stripped haori was stained.

"Iguro.." You frowned. He looked at you guiltily.

"Y/n.. I'm sorry-" Iguro's half lidded eyes scanned your own.

"Please don't apologize.."

He stayed silent. He's eyes were losing their light as you patched his open wounds.

"Stay with me, you have to stay with me."

"I.. can't hold on much... longer..." He mumbled. His eyes were lost focus and his body grew stiff.

"Iguro!" You shouted, shaking his shoulders.

"That's too bad, he's dead! You couldn't save him!" A feminine voice mocked with a laughed. "Oh my, poor you! Haha! You're a fucking pathetic doctor N/n!!"

"Iguro! Please don't leave me!" You began crying. "I need you-"

"Y/n!"

Your world began to fade away, you woke up in a cold sweat.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Iguro asked. "You were crying in your sleep again."

"I.. I had another nightmare. It was nothing." You laughed. "Thank you for waking me up."

"It's no problem.. but.. are..are you alright?" Iguro asked hesitantly.

Your eyes welted up with tears once again, "I-I'm fine."

Iguro sighed deeply and wrapped his arms around you. His head was resting on your own.

"I know you aren't. I'm not stupid." Iguro whispered, "You can tell me when you're ready."

Moments after, you stopped crying and fell asleep in the black haired man's arms.