Act 1, Chapter 5 - Some Much Needed Rest and A Sleepover

Timeskip - A Few Hours Later

Huddled around a campfire, Task Force 101 sat as they went over the events and details throughout that day.

"Bloody hell, did you see that girl's weapon?" asked Eagle.

"Yeah. We all did, Eagle," Hunter said.

"But that weapon was like a two-in-one deal! Imagine if we had a weapon like that! I bet the fight with the Cyber Mercs would turn in our favor!" Rook stated, a bit excited at seeing the red-haired girl's weapon change from a Scythe to a Sniper Rifle.

"Hahaha. Yes, yes we would, Rook," Tank said, rubbing Rook's head as he did so.

"Speaking of which," Dagger turned to Phantom, who was sitting there in some overalls, grease all over him. "How goes the repairs, Phantom?"

"Eh bien, Dagger. The rest of the system's operational and I already fixed up the broken sections," said Phantom as he munches into a sandwich. "All that's left now is the fuel. I already found some and have started filling it up. If this goes well, I think the Pave Low will be operational by morning."

"Excellent. Good work, Phantom," Dagger said, slapping him on the back in a friendly way. Nearby, Stryker was telling the squad about the ill-tempered girl.

"She has no manners, she comes barging in like royalty and whatnot, and what's worse, she thinks its everyone else's fault that she caused an ausflippen explosion on the docks!" he said.

"Is it a good time to add that her name is literally-" Volt began.

"Ja, ja, ja, Weiß Schnee. White Snow, I get it. Its just that I hate that attitude of hers!" said Stryker.

"Ooohh, wenn ich nur in der Zeit zurückreisen und diesen kleinen dürren Hintern den ganzen Weg zurück, woher sie kam, treten könnte, hätte ich einfach dafür sorgen können, dass ich ihr eine oder zwei Lektionen erteile. In der Tat, wo ist mein Shotgu-"

Literal Translation: "Ooohh, if only I could go back in time and kick that little scrawny bottom all the way back to whence she came from, I could have just made sure that I teach her a lesson or two. In fact, where's my shotgu-"

He was then decked in the head by Volt, followed by a slap from Tank.

"Pull yourself together, man! You're going off on one of those German rants!" Volt said, shaking the crap out of Stryker and giving him another two or so slaps to make sure. But he might have given him one too many hard slaps, as the last one sent him sprawling on the floor, out cold again. The rest of the squad shrugged, as this was usually one of the ways to stop him from going on his-

("RANTpage!"

"Oi! Who let her in?!?!"

"She slipped past our defenses, captain! She also broke through most of our barricades in less then half a second!"

"It doesn't matter! What matters is getting her out before she goes on any more of her puns!"

"To be honest, sir, you set yourself up on that one."

"Oh do shut up and help me tranquilize her!")

"Hey, Dagger,"

"Yeah, Rook?"

"About what that blonde boy said: that his weapon was passed down from his "great-great-grandfather", who used it to fight in "the war". Do you think this world was once at war, as we did with the-"

"To be honest, Rook, I don't wanna talk about anything concerning that war, especially "the incident"." Dagger says as he looks at his hands, now shaking. He looks back up at the sky, the broken moon illuminating the soldiers on the ground.