Act 1, Chapter 13 - First Day of School Pt. 2

Weiss Schnee, now back in her regular attire, readies her Myrtenaster at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last chapter. Beside her stood Stryker, also back in his standard uniform (though this one has a desert camouflaged pattern on it) as he nervously pumps a shell from his Spas-12. Weiss' teammates cheer her on from their seats in the front row while the squad silently watched from their row.

"Goooo, Weiss!" Yang shouts, raising her fist.

"Fight well!" Blake said, waving a small flag saying "RWBY" on it.

"Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!" Ruby shouts.

Weiss lowers her sword and looks over at her "leader".

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Weiss said.

"Oh, um... Sorry..." Ruby said, looking a bit sheepish.

One row behind RWBY, Task Force 101 looked at the scene in front of them.

"I wonder how she would fight, given that I hadn't really taken a good look at her fighting style," said Hunter.

"Yeah. Me too," said Dagger.

"Why would you wanna study someone's fighting style?" asked Rook, looking confused.

"It's better to know everything about someone than learn nothing at all," Eagle said, answering Rook's question.

Near the cage, Professor Port took out his weapon - a cross between a battle axe and a blunderbuss.

"Let the match..."

He raises it above the locked cage.

"Begin!"

The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss. She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Boarbatusk went for Stryker next, its tusks aimed squarely at his chest. Stryker fired a shot at it, which did nichts against it. So he rolled out of its way, barely avoiding the attack the Boarbatusk dished out to him, missing him by an inch. The Grimm stood some distance away, studying both its enemies.

"Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Port said.

"Hang in there, you two!" Ruby shouts.

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back when Stryker approached it from the side and gave it a one-two tap with the shotgun at it. Turning, the Grimm, with Weiss still holding on, charged at Stryker. Colliding with Stryker, both of them tumbled away from the Boarbatusk, with Myrtenaster landing some feet away from Weiss.

"Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?" Port commented.

The Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. Weiss tried to reach for her weapon, but it was too far away to get to it in time without the Grimm ramming into her. As the Grimm was about to collide with her, it was diverted away with a blast. Weiss looks over to Stryker, who had his shotgun's barrel smoking.

"Schnell! Go, Go, Go!" Stryker said, pumping another shell to shoot, only for him to get thrown back as the Grimm bumped into him. He recovered quickly and blasted away at the Grimm, giving Weiss enough time to retrieve her weapon.