Act 1, Chapter 14 - Initiation Day (Prep)

The day has finally arrived for the 101, as the day of their Initiation is here. All eyes would be on them as they performed, as Professor Ozpin decided to have all the students watch the Initiation from the comfort of the Auditorium. No pressure, really, when you have about hundreds of pairs of eyes watching your every move. Weapons loaded, gear checked and ready to fight. This Initiation, however, will be different from the other one. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There has been an unusually large sighting of Grimm near the academy in the Emerald Forest," Glynda said as Ozpin took a look at the report that came in. "Should I send in a team of Huntsm-"

"Send the new students in," Ozpin said, inturrupting Glynda.

"I'm sorry?"

"Send them in,"

"Are you sure? They've just started about a week ago and you want to send them in?"

"Why not? They showed potential during the first year's Initiation. I'm thinking this Grimm sighting would be a good idea to put their skills to the test,"

"Are you sure about this, Ozpin?"

"Positive, Glynda. Positive..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, this shouldn't be too bad. After all-

"Initiation Day"
Day 7 - 10:33:47
Pvt. "Rook"
Task Force 101
Emerald Forest, Vale

-what could go wrong?

"We're nearing the drop zone!" the pilot called out to the back.

In the back, the members of the squad were sitting down, prepping for battle.

"Last gear check!" Dagger called out. "Remember to switch to AP mode!"

We all gear checked our equipment one last time. I reloaded a fresh mag into the empty AK-47 I took with me. I holstered it and drew out my M1911 handgun, chucking its mag out and reloading it again, just in case. After testing the edge of my combat knife (which I accidentally cut my hand with. Hurts like hell), I readied my weapon as we waited for the green light. Dagger beckoned us to listen as he explained something. We gathered around him.

"Okay! Let's go over the briefing again!" Dagger said, having to raise his voice over the rushing wind that flew in from the open door. He opened a map that he carried on him, which showed the Emerald Forest. One section of the map has been circled with a red marker. The odd thing is that the area mostly showed (at least what I think it showed) barren ground as the area was mostly tan-nish colored.

"Ozpin said that there has been a huge sighting of Grimm just near this position," he said, pointing to the area. "Our objective is to clear out this Grimm infestation and get the hell outta here. Once we drop, we'll need to secure the area first before they come. Tank-"

Dagger pointed to a spot on the map.

"-will set up a nest here to watch our flank. Eagle will provide overwatch for us while we fight off the Grimm. Ozpin had also said that there will be Nevermores around as well, so he will keep them off our backs. The rest of you will take up a defensive perimeter around the drop zone. Keep them back until there's nothing left to keep back. All clear?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Alright, guys, we're over the drop zone!" the pilot called out.

"Then, let's move out!"