Act 1, Chapter 6 - The First Step, With Some Unexpected Resistance

(Cues Intro)

(Ends Intro)

Someone's eyes wearily opens and closes before waking up fully and seeing someone fill their view. Someone who was the last person he'd expected to see.

"Wake up, lazy butt!" Nora Valkyrie shouts before dashing to the side.

Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora hounds him.

"It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!" Nora says in a sing-song voice.

Lie Ren sighs again before getting up and brushing his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk.

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm... well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?" Nora says.

Then there they are in the ballroom, where the two are readying themselves. Nora is brushing her hair and still chattering while Ren is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag.

"We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together..." Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?"

Into the cafeteria where the two are in the middle of eating their breakfast, Nora having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is still talking.

"Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together!" she says with the food in her mouth.

She slurps it up before she continues. "Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school." As she lists off these "plans", she is seen comically thinking like those in cartoons.

The scene changes again as the two are readying themselves in the locker room, Ren loading StormFlower and Nora still talking. ("Jeez, does she ever stop talking?" Volt says.)

"I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal!"

Le gasp!

"A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

"Nora?"

"Yes, Ren?"

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." Ren sheaths his weapons in his sleeves.

Nora thinks about this for a moment.

"That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!" she excitedly says.

Ren just smiled and closed his locker.

"Come on Nora, let's go." Ren beckons her over.

" Not "together-together..."" she says as she giggles about the thought.

Ren heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long as they are busy readying themselves.

"Wonder what those two are so worked up about?" Ruby asks.

"Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!" Yang replies, looking at her sister.

"Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." Ruby says as she strokes Crescent Rose and sighs happily.