Act 1, Chapter 12 - First Day of School

Timeskip: The Next Day

Task Force 101 are sleeping soundly in their new beds in their new dorm room. Well, everyone except for Dagger, that is. He couldn't sleep a wink at all, so he spent the night looking over the intel he and his team had gathered so far on this world. He also spent the down time rearranging his equipment, weapons and ammunition to his liking, as well as cleaning them. In fact, he was busy currently cleaning the barrel of an M16 Assault Rifle when a-

*WHEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!*

-caused the sleeping squad to all wake up and, in their panic, pull out their weapons. Dagger was surprised and aimed his Deagle around. Even the sound was enough to wake up Stryker, who was usually a sound sleeper.

"Schisse!" he shouted, hitting the floor with a thud, with his Spas-12 laying next to him.

Once it was made clear that there was no threat, the squad holstered their weapons and got out of bed, muttering about "having their sleep disturbed" and all, aside from Stryker who was already out of bed. Dagger went back to cleaning the barrel while the rest of the squad got ready for school. Volt walked up to Dagger.

"Jayses, man. Did you really get any sleep at all?"

Dagger shook his head.

"Nope. Couldn't get a wink of sleep last night, so I poured over the intel we gathered about this world,"

"And?"

"So far, nothing." Dagger said as he set down the barrel of the M16 and picked up the body of it, cleaning it as he lists down what they know so far:

"- We know that this world is called Remnant, the continent we're in is Vale and the place we're in is Beacon.

- There is a school that trains young teenagers into "huntsmen".

- These creatures that we were fighting with are called "Grimm".

- Most of the weapons in this world are hybrid weapons, being both ranged and melee.

- We know of two teams of teens, RWBY and JNPR.

- These teens have had experience fighting these Grimm and we don't."

"Hmm," Volt said as he thought.

"Couldn't gather anything new from the intel we got, so I hope we could at least gain some new intel from today or the days to come." Dagger said as he attached the barrel to the body.

"Yeah, I hope so..." said Volt.

Meanwhile, the rest of the squad busied themselves with preparation for their first class in this school. Eagle was brushing his teeth while taking the time to look over his weapons, Hunter was busy changing into the school uniforms the professor had provided in their closets, Tank was storing his weapon away, Stryker was busy eating an apple as he studied a book he somehow obtained, Phantom was hauling his arse around and Rook was already ready, now he was just looking over his weapons and administering to them.

Timeskip: A Few Minutes Later

The eight members of Task Force 101 stood to attention, looking over their new school uniforms they are wearing that was given to them by the headmaster. Stryker pulled the collar of his uniform uncomfortably.

"Ugh. Is anyone else in here feeling a little bit...uncomfortable?"

Beside him, Tank was also pulling his collar.

"Da. It is as if the clothes are 10x smaller on us."

Even Dagger tugged onto the collar, looking down at the uniform that tightly bit into his flesh.