2.9

19/06/2021

@aimslec: so after talking with our families we've decided to share this difficult news with you

@aimslec: so after talking with our families we've decided to share this difficult news with you. I have no idea where to start but I'm sick.. two weeks ago we found out I had a tumor in my brain, had surgery last week but unfortunately they weren't able to remove everything. So now the only thing we can do is buy more time with chemotherapy.

We would very much respect it if you give us some privacy ❤️

❤️ @landonorris, @georgerussell63, @lilymhe and 38.018 others liked this

**comments on this post have been limited**

@charles_leclerc: you are truly the strongest woman on this planet ❤️
@estebanocon: Elena and I will always be here for you and Mick ❤️
@maxverstappen1: so sorry to hear, life is just so unfair sometimes
@dennis_hauger: always by your sides 🙏🏽
@gina_schumacher: always though that my parents were the strongest couple in the world but I think I changed my mind ❤️
@lorenzotl: we will do this all together Aims, now and for ever ❤️
@charlottesiine: we will make your time left here worth it baby ❤️
@elenaberrireal: you are so though 💪🏽❤️🙏🏽
@mickschumacher: we can do this my princess, I love you ❤️
@dan_ticktum: absolutely speechless.. out of all people you deserve this the least , Aims.. so unfair 😔
@oscarpiastri: just know that the Prema family is always there for both Mick and you! ❤️

————

Together with her older brother Aimée was watching Arthur's. "He's gonna win this one, I can feel it." She said as she smiled at Charles. Charles chuckled and looked at his sister. "That would be amazing, from P30 to P1. But you know that's a very difficult task, especially in an F3 car Aims." He told her and looked at the screen.

Aimée shrugged and nodded her head. "I know it's difficult but our brother is one of the best. King of overtaking. He can do this, I know for sure." She said calmly and also looked at the screen. Charles looked at his little sister and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Thanks for always believing in us Aims. That means a lot. To all of us to be honest." He said and kissed the top of her head.

As the race almost came to an end Mick joined the two siblings. "How it going?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around his girlfriend and kissed her head. Aimée smiled but didn't look up from the screen as Arthur was overtaking of his Prema teammate Dennis. "Yes! Come on Arths, look after those tyres!" She almost yelled at the screen as her twin brother was now driving on P1. "It's going absolutely amazing." She continued as she smiled widely.

"Arthur got from P30 all the way to P1." Charles told him and looked at his sister who was completely focused on the screen which showed their brother in his car. There were only 5 laps left for Arthur to win this sprint race. Mick smiled as he saw Aimée so happy with her brother's achievement and looked at the screen. "That is incredible!" He said and also watched the last few laps at his former team's pit wall.

In the last 5 laps Arthur managed to create a 4.281 second gap between himself and his Norwegian teammate. "He did it!" Aimée almost yelled and hugged both her Charles and Mick tightly. Both boys looked at each other before they looked at Aimée as they smiled at her. "Of course he did, Arths is the king of overtaking." Charles repeated her words from earlier.

Aimée grinned at her brother and chuckled. "You better be careful because Arthur is coming for that Ferrari seat." Rene turned around and smiled at the trio. "I don't think we want to give him away yet Aims." He told the young Monegasque. Aimée smiled at the Italian and nodded her hair. "You better come with a great offer for next year that." She said teasingly and shook her head. "No all I can say is that Arths wouldn't want to leave you guys yet. You are his second family." She told him.

Rene smiled and nodded his head. "And we wouldn't want him to go yet. If this is something he can achieve in his rookie season, I can't wait to see him drive next year." Rene said and was listening as Arthur was talking through his headphones. He smiled and looked at Aimée. "He wants to talk to you." He said and handed her his headphones. "Come on sit and talk to your brother." Rene continued as he got off his chair.

Aimée smiled at him and quickly sat down on Rene's chair. Mick stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Aimée quickly placed a kiss on Mick's nose and pushed one of the buttons so she could talk to her twin brother. "Arthur you did it!" She said as she was so incredibly proud of her brother and best friend.

Arthur smiled as he heard his sister through his earpieces. "I always keep my promise to you Aims. I promised you I would win this one for you so I did." He said as he was driving his celebration lap around the track. Aimée laid her hand on top of Mick's hands and smiled as she listened to her brother. "I'm so incredibly proud of you Arths! Now and for ever!" She told him.

Aimée felt genuinely so happy for him and sighed softly. "I love you Arths." She said softly. ""Enjoy this moment, I just need to lay down for a second." Arthur raised his eyebrow as he crossed the finish line. "Aims you okay?" He asked as he heard her voice getting weaker. "Yes I'm good, Arths. Just enjoy your podium and give Dennis a hug for me." She said and gave Rene his headphones back.

Mick and Charles both watch her and raised their eyebrow as well as Arthur had done. "Are you okay Aims?" Charles asked her. Aimée sighed softly as she looked at her older brother. "Not really.." She said softly and looked at Mick. "Can we please go to your room real quickly before our appointment with 1und1?" She asked him softly. Mick quickly nodded his head and looked at Charles. "I'll keep you updated, mate." He said and helped Aimée back to his drivers room.

Mick laid her down on his bed and kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna reschedule that appointment, you need to rest first princess." He said and ran his hand through her hair. Aimée sighed softly and looked at Mick. She really didn't want him to reschedule the appointment but she knew Mick wouldn't let her do she decided to just give in already. "Please tell them I'm so so sorry." She said and she smiled slightly.

Aimée watched Mick while he was on the phone. She sighed softly and bit her lip as she felt really guilty about not being able to do the meeting right now. Mick walked up the her as he finished his phone call and kissed her forehead. "They told me to say that you should absolutely not feel guilty in any way and that you should take some good rest." He told her.

Of course Mick knew she didn't want to be treated differently now everyone knew about the cancer but that people would probably automatically worry about her more than normally. "Do you want me to cancel our movie night with Esteban and Elena tonight as well?" He asked her.

Aimée quickly shook her head and looked at Mick. "No please don't. Elena and I already decided which movie we're watching and she already got all the snacks." She told him and smiled. Mick chuckled and raised his eyebrow. "We watching the princess switch again?" He asked her and pulled her in to his chest as he sat next to her.

Aimée chuckled and shook her head. "Not this time Schumi. No we're gonna watch The Perfect Date! Noah Centineo plays in it!" She said and laid her head on Mick's chest. Mick smiled as he played with her hair and sighed softly. "You genuinely make me the happiest man in this world, Aims." He told her and smiled. Aimée looked at him and smiled slightly. "Even though I make it hard for you, you barely have any time off and the time off you have you spend it on me." She said softly.

Mick nodded his head and kissed her forehead. "That's what people do for the love of their lives. I would give up everything just so I could have you near me every time of the day my princess." He said as he held her tight to his chest. "I love you, Mick." She said softly and fell asleep as she was very tired. Mick smiled as he held her. "I love you, Aimée." He said softly.