seven.

~Hope's Pov ~

Painting.

I always painted, even before I died.

When people asked me why I liked to paint, I never knew how to answer.
It's just something that makes you feel good and relaxed, there isn't a good description for that feeling.

Google says and I quote:'Painting can be very relaxing and calming. I enjoy painting because it is one of the few things I am good at and can be proud about. Paintings, like many forms of art, can express ideas and feelings. ... Painting is a good way to escape from the real world and take a break from everything going on in life.',

and I must say, I agree with most of that, but not with the proud part, because painting is something that I do for myself.

But the part with the escape is coming near to how I feel when I paint.

Now here I am sitting in a room with pencils and a piece of paper and not to forget my brother right next to me, Marcel.

He seems to be a little awkward, sitting next to me.

Maybe he feels guilty for taking my father away from me for 5 years or he just doesn't know how to start a conversation with me.

So let's make things easier for him.

"So your name is Marcel right? Do you know the origin of your name? It's Marcellus, it means little warrior. Are you a warrior?", I ramble.

"Oh really, I didn't know that. You must be really smart for someone your age. I must say in someway I am a warrior, it depends in which perspective you look at it."

"You know Marcel, I think you do justice too your name, me on the other hand not so much."

"Why do you think that?", he asks a little bit worried.

"Well my name means hope, but the first thing I brought my family the moment they returned is worry.", I tell Marcel, feeling guilty for worring my family.

"Listen littlest Mikaelson, you don't have to feel guilty for worring your family, it's not your fault and I think that you are the greatest thing that happened to your family in a long time and that you brought them a little hope for the future. So stop talking bad about yourself, because you brought your family and many others something that they thought they lost a long time ago, hope and even a little bit happiness.", he says calmly to me and smiling at me.

At that moment I understand that the birth of Hope Mikaelson gave him a little bit hope for the future.

"You know Marcel you are a great brother.", I tell him smiling happily at him and go back to my painting.

This seems to have stunned him, but I must give him credit he recovers rather quickly and smiles at me, but doesn't say anything. So I divert our conversation in another direction.

"Do you want to help me with my painting? "

"You know I'm not a great painter, but it would my greatest honor to help you littlest Mikaelson."

At that I chuckel and tell him how he can help me.

~3rd Pov~

What they both didn't know is that Klaus was standing on the other side of the wall and listened to their conversation, smiling to himself.

He was on the way to check on Hope, when he heard them talking and decided to listen what they where talking about.

He was quite sad when Hope talked that bad about herself, seemed that she inherited that from him.