Chapter Three

July 21, 2012

I've seen a lot of cells in my time, but this was the oddest.

"In case you are unaware," the man with the eyepatch began, flipping a control panel open. "If you try to escape; if you so much as scratch that glass,"

He hit a button before he finished his statement. The floors underneath the large glass cylindrical cell opened to reveal a drop underneath the "Helicarrier," which from my observations, is a highly advanced aircraft carrier that flies in the air like a giant helicopter. Air blew violently into the room, almost hurting my ears from how loud the sound was.

Despite how loud and sudden it was, I did not allow myself to flinch even a little bit. I kept my stance at the center of the cell, glancing downwards to look at the small bit of what I could see of the drop. It had to be a high drop.

"30,000 feet, straight down in a sealed trap. Not even you could survive that drop, Tigris." he finished.

Very high drop.

I glared at him from under my hood. The name he used left a distaste in my mouth. I didn't want to be the Tigris anymore. I left hydra three years ago specifically so I could leave the Tigris behind.

What if the Tigris is all that I am?

The man chuckled, and pressed another button to close the doors under the cell. I payed close attention to see which button he pressed.

"I have a few questions for you." He stated.

He took a few steps towards the cell, and stopped about three feet from the glass. I stayed completely still, not moving an inch from my position. I had no intentions of interacting with him, or anyone.

"Why didn't you take the tesseract?" be questioned, tilting his head ever so slightly.

I stayed silent for a moment, contemplating on answering his question. "It wasn't my target." I rasped, lowly.

"Wasn't your target. So let me get this straight. You infiltrated one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s top secret facilities and tore through my men just to go through a few files? Oh, I'm sorry. Your files." he asked.

I gave him a harder glare and said nothing in response. He was well on his way to be the first person on my list to kill when I escaped.

When he realized that I wasn't going to answer him, he continued. "And what exactly is it that you need so badly from those files? Do you, perhaps, wish to erase yourself from all databases?"

I continued to stay silent, never letting my glare falter as I stared dangerously into his deep brown eyes. He stared back at me with the same intensity, patiently waiting for any sort of response, then rolled his eyes.

"I guess you need some time to think about cooperating with me. I have all day and all night and so do you." he said, and turned to walk down the metal steps to exit the room.

"It's going to malfunction." I murmured.

He stopped in his tracks, turning his shoulder to look back at me. "What is?"

"The tesseract." I stated. "It's on it's way to becoming unstable."

He chuckled. "And how do you know that?"

"I've seen it before. Others before you have tried to use it. Never once did I see it act the way it had on that main deck. I highly doubt you have the know-how to keep it under control."

"Are you suggesting that I let you go back there and teach us about the tesseract?" he questioned with a smirk.

I slightly raised a brow at his question, staying silent.