Chapter Eleven

July 22, 2012

We arrived back at the helicarrier before the sun arose that morning. A line of guards guided Loki through the halls of the helicarrier to the glass cell that they had previously locked me into. Fury met them in that dark room, looking very on edge. Steve, Thor, Banner, Natasha, Agent Maria Hill, and I all sat or stood around a glass table that connected directly to the cameras of which overlooked the cell. Steve sat in front of a small live video at his seat that connected to a larger screen so each of us could watch the scene without looking over anyone's shoulder. We were all dead silent, not daring to say a word in case we missed something important.

Loki stepped into the glass cell, analyzing all of his surroundings, and turned to face the door as it closed behind him. He seemed to ignore Fury as he walked up the steps to the control panel. He seemed to be completely fine with what was going on; he definitely had a plan for being here.

"In case it's unclear; you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass." Fury's voice boomed throughout the room as he hit a couple buttons on the panel.

The floor underneath the circular glass cell opened, and wind blew furiously throughout the room. Loki eyed Fury, then wearily looked over the side of the cell as well as he could without touching the glass.

"30,000 feet, straight down in a steel trap!" Fury yelled over the loud noise of the wind. "You get how that works?"

He hit a couple more buttons, and the floor closed. Loki took one step back to gaze at Fury once again. He seemed thoroughly amused, like he was calculating something in his mind.

"Ant, boot." Fury gestured to Loki, then back at the panel.

Loki chuckled, taking a couple more steps back to stand at the center of the cell. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"It's built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury spat back.

"Oh I've heard," Loki said, turning to look at the camera. "A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man."

Natasha looked up at Banner wearily, knowing that Loki was talking about him. Thor glanced at him for only a second, keeping his arms crossed as he listened intently to Loki's words. I slightly furrowed my brows, never taking my eyes off of the screen. Loki's signature smirk was beginning to get on my nerves. It was as if he was already ten steps ahead of us.

I didn't like it.

"How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you." Loki continued, turning back to Fury.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill cause it's fun." Fury snapped. "You've made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did.

Loki made a face as if Fury's words had taken a hit on him. "Oooh. It burned you to have come so close." he rasped, tauntingly. "To have the tesseract. To have power, unlimited power; and for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded of what real power is."

He means what shield planned on doing with the tesseract. I never did read into whatever it was Fury was doing with the cube, I never cared. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using it for the same things that Hydra did: weapons. 

I could see out of the corner of my eye that the others seemed to be taken slightly aback by what Loki was saying. They all were deep in thought with their eyebrows furrowed. Loki was already beginning to get into their heads. I wouldn't doubt that it was on purpose.

"Well let me know if "real power," wants a magazine or something." Fury joked, and exited the room.

Loki ignored him, and turned to step towards the camera once again with his mischievous, threatening smirk. I could see his eyes just enough to confirm that he did have a plan, and that he was already executing it. Once I had gotten a good look at the god of mischief, the camera cut off, leaving the screen completely black.