💖Forgotten Birthday💖

Before we start... yes the thumbnail is a picture of my new puppy.
Request from MirabelsGlasses
TW: Mentioned Su!c!de, Mentioned self-harm
This story is NOT for the faint of heart. There is heavy angst here.
Also, I put in some curse words to amplify Mira's anger, which is only a ONE time thing.

Summary: Everyone talks about what they went through at the time of the movie. When the topic of Quinceanera's come up, they realize they have forgotten a big day in Mirabel's life.
The family also realizes how they made eachother feel for the last 10 years
I added my twist in here if that's okay, but I tried to make them go over past events as much as possible, especially during Mirabel's heated argument with Abuela.

Nobody's P.O.V

It was a regular day with the Madrigals. That is until dinner came around and they started talking about what they went through before Casita's downfall.
"I used to be so sick of pretty that it was unreal," Isabela stated, now being able to laugh about her perfection. "That is until Mirabel ruined my proposal for the better! That night, I learned that I can grow all types of plants! Cactus, Venus Fly Traps, Palm trees, and so much more!" Dolores then spoke up. "Now I can turn my advanced hearing on and off!" "Now I can relax more and only have to do a certain number of chores! I remember almost working through my own Quinceañera." Luisa started with a chuckle. Mirabel suddenly looked down with a timid expression. Isabela had a shocked expression while looking at Mirabel. "We d-didn't... Forget your Quinceañera... Right?" Isabela asked through the shock. "I got to spend all night dancing with Mirabel in the nursery. Just me and her! She DID have a little Quinceañera." Antonio spoke up in a confused tone. Everyone was staring at Mirabel, unable to comprehend that they had forgotten Mirabel's birthday. Her Quinceañera. Luisa eventually spoke up. "What... Sis... You didn't know? The familia was supposed to have a huge party. Nobody knows what happened or why everything was ruined.
" Luisa stated in a tone that suggested she realized what she did. "What do you mean?" Miracle said in a confused and shocked tone. "I... I have a confession to make... I called off your Quinceañera in favor of Camilo's 15th birthday party..." Alma stated in a guilty tone. Everyone looked shocked. Had Alma really gone that far? "Mamà... I get that I was turning 15... but it's Mirabel! You can't just ruin her own surprise Quinceañera because of my birthday..." Camilo stated in a furious tone. Mirabel stood up. "It's okay! I don't care about my Quinceañera anymore. I haven't even done anything to earn a Quinceañera. Serves me right that I cried through the entire thing." Pepa and Julieta ran over to Mirabel, who was almost instantly wrapped in two sets of arms while she cried.

"Do you guys even know what I went through for 10 years?" Mirabel asked in a harsh tone. The family braved for the worst, as they knew things would get out of hand. "Can someone bring Toñito back up to his room first? He shouldn't hear this." Mirabel asked, facing the young 5-year-old.
Felíx immediately grabbed Antonio and carried him to his room and closed the door. Unknown to Felíx, Antonio cared about his prima so much that he couldn't block out the conversation and listened in. "Tía? Can you tell everyone how many times I tried to kill myself throughout my childhood?" Mirabel asked in an incredulous tone. Julieta looked as if she had been at fault for Mirabel's trauma. Pepa felt warm tears running down her face as she reflected on the number of times Mirabel had almost ended it all. The number of times Mirabel tried to escape the pain of not having a gift. "4... 4 times she tried to kill herself and nobody knew except me because I caught her all 4 times," Pepa stated, her head hung low. Mirabel had gone through so much in such a short period. Mirabel continued speaking. "Who cared about the fact that I had fallen into a deep depression at the age of 14? Tía!" Mirabel said, smiling at her Tía Pepa. At this point, everybody at the table had been tearing up at Mirabel's depressing rant.
In Antonio's room, the young boy cried and cried. He couldn't stand to eavesdrop any longer. All of Antonio's animals comforted him, seeing how broken he was, but not to much avail as he just wanted to give Mirabel the tightest squeeze. Antonio ran out of his room to the dining area in tears. There wasn't a dry eye in the room when the boy latched himself onto Mirabel's leg and looked like he was scared to lose everything. "Tonito... this is exactly why I wanted you upstairs..." Antonio flinched at these words from his Prima Mirabel. "On the other hand, I'm glad you're here." Mirabel picked up the boy
and caressed his curly hair until he fell napping, feeling more comfortable in Mirabel's arms. "It's not even just me! Luisa works 24/7 for the same village you all care about so deeply. How does this affect her? She is overworked and pressured! The guy who owns the donkeys constantly asks Luisa to round up the donkeys, even though he can easily just fix the fence."
Mirabel said, pointing to her strong sister, who shifted uncomfortably from being the new center of attention.
"You force Tía Pepa to control her emotions 24/7," Mirabel said, Now pointing to her emotionally gaslit Tía, who now had a thundering cloud. "I recently have been reading more, and have been getting into a book about mental health. If you guys don't mind, I'm going to read page 38!" Mirabel said, opening her book about health.
"'When one retains their emotions, those emotions can accumulate and have fatal effects in the future, including Cardiac (heart) issues.'" Everybody looked horrified while both Camilo and Dolores wrapped their mother in a tight embrace. "If you guys truly care about Tía Pepa, you know she deserves better than this." Mirabel stated, directing a smile towards Pepa.
"Now let's move on Mamí!!" Mirabel said, pointing to her mother. "People go to Mamí for the stupidest things! Half of the line has paper cuts, and small scrapes." Mirabel stated, pointing to the growing line of people at her Mamí's booth.
"Toñito has been coming to me about the fact that since he got his gift, you've been shaming him for not being able to help his family. Did any of you realize anything was up with him? No! Everyone but Tía Pepa and Tío Felix brushed him off like a burden! He is a 5 year old!  You're traumatizing a little kid." Mirabel spoke so bravely about her hombrecito. Then she pointed to Isabela. "I don't understand why the only person to notice Isa's fake smile was me! You all fucking manipulated my sister to marry a man that SHE KNEW wasn't her type. Because of this, she treated me just like how Abuela did! Isabela is MY sister, and I am standing up for her because she's to scared about Abuela's approval!" Mirabel then stood up for her imperfect sister.
Then Mirabel pointed to Dolores. "Dolores is NOT just some gossip machine! She's a girl with her own life! For all it's worth, Dolores suits Mariano WAY better than Isabela. Leave my prima alone!" Mirabel stood up for her prima, who was always there for Mirabel.
Mirabel walked over to Dolores and gave her noise-cancelling headphones, and then looked over to Bruno, who shifted uncomfortably.
"Do I even need to explain what went wrong with Tío and why he left?" Mirabel asked sharply.
Abuela then spoke. "He left because of you, right?" Abuela asked, trying not to come off rude, to no avail.
Mirabel then interrupted. "Y'know... It's funny how regardless of the fact that we are supposed to be honest with eachother and never tell lies or keep things bottled up, you STILL thing Bruno left because of me. He left because you only saw the worst in him! You know what he was doing for 10 years? Living in our fucking walls and occasionally having the rats steal him food, while he spied on us during our dinners! He fucking LOVES this family! Don't you dare deny it! Mamí didn't talk about Bruno because it hurt to even THINK about her hermanito who supposedly 'left the family'. He also left to protect me from you! Obviously that didn't work out on your end, because the house collapsed!" Mirabel spoke so valiantly about her Tío Bruno who she'd defend if it meant her place in her family. She then pointed to Camilo. "Camilo doesn't even know who he is anymore! Do you know why? He's barely ever in his own body! The two things I wont tolerate are Tío Bruno's intentions being mistaken, and mí mellizo being seen as a fucking babysitter since the age of 5!" Mirabel stood up for her primo and Tío with pride in her actions. "Y'know what? I don't care what the hell you think, but I'm proud to be a Madrigal. I'm proud of how far I've come." Mirabel then defended herself, earning proud smiles from everyone but Abuela, who looked as if she had just been punched in the gut. "Mi vida, listen... I'm sorry... I didn't mean" "Oh, save it, Abuela. We all can agree that you are wrong."
Antonio stated proudly, before being smothered in kisses by his Mamí.
"Here's a tip, señora Alma. Before judging your own family, try walking a mile in THEIR shoes." Dolores argued back at Abuela.
"What's going on? Why are you guys calling me 'señora'?" Abuela asked dryly. "Oh! Because we are done with you. Casita already changed your door to Mirabel's." Isa responded in half-heartedly as Abuela's door flickered out and changed to a portrait of Mirabel. Finally, Bruno spoke up. "Since you don't have a door and Mirabel is in charge and wants you out.... Goodbye Alma..."
Abuela gasped as she was dragged out of the house by an angry casita.
Then, everyone but Mirabel and Antonio huddled up in a secret conversation.
"Now, shall we start planning a surprise Quinceanera for Mirabel to make up for everything?" Pepa asked and got nods from everyone in the family as a response.
"Mirabel will LOVE her birthday surprise"