💔 To Be Thrown Away pt. 4

A/n : Henlo readers!! Author-san is here. I’m terribly sorry for the long hiatus. I’ve been through a lot these past few months. I was bombarded with so many tests and exams. Because of that, I didn’t have the time to write and continue the book. Once again, I’m really sorry. But now that I have finished the exams, I’ll be more productive. Maybe hoping for a new book? I just wish that y’all didn’t get disappointed by me. But anyway, enjoy this chapter I’ve worked hard on! ^^

Songs :
• Ellise - 911
• jdxn - ANGELS & DEMONS
• 5 Seconds of Summer - Babylon

“There are only a few demons who possess such power in this wicked land, and you’re one of them.”

Your stomach is filled with unsavory looking dishes but yet you feel so satisfied after the full course meal. You hesitated at first, but right after it touched your tongue the taste felt heavenly. Maybe you won’t miss those human world appetizers in a short time. But anyway, inside that puzzled mind of yours, thoughts about what Bernieche has said earlier are still ringing. “Power? Is this some kind of anime protagonist sh*t?” You still haven’t realized that within your blood vessel, there are potentials that could come from Lilith. You are one of her descendants after all.

Walking through the hidden wooden door, there is a place you have never seen before. In movies, anime, or even fiction novels. It’s a place human beings cannot describe or imagine. Witchcraft instruments from the darkest realm of this world being showcased not for all eyes to see. While Bernieche is welcoming you inside that bizarre yet beautiful laboratory with glowing details inside, Quentin is just messing with your confused self. “Don’t touch anything carelessly. You might think ‘oh I accidentally splattered a serum to my clothes, it’ll disappear once I wash it,’ but the next thing you know, a barbed pestilent vine could grow on the clothes and choke you to death.” he casually said right in front of your face with low chuckles. “We wouldn't want a pretty thing like you lost horribly to a plant.” You take a step back from the intimidating situation Quentin has put you in. “Don’t worry, we have sealed everything in place. Quentin stop scaring Ms./Mr. Y/N for Devil sake.” Bernieche scolded the young man with a laugh. Now you wonder, when will the test begin?

“Straighten your arm, please. Okay now relax.” You are following Bernieche’s instructions while Quentin notes your data. Your throat gulps as the medium-sized needle is being disinfected by the bearded man. “Demons are immune to infections, so this will be alright. It will hurt just a bit, I believe.” Ten seconds have passed and you finally opened your eyes just to realize that the blood draw isn’t as bad as you thought it would be. You didn’t even feel the syringe being pulled. “Now… while Dad is running a few tests on your blood, why don’t we examine your physical ability?” Quentin uttered with a smile plastered across his face. You follow his steps along the hallway that takes both of you to the indoor field. “Wow this place is really spacious… How long is this hallway?” you said with curiosity. “Approximately 80 meters to the field. But let’s go here first.” Quentin suddenly grabs your wrist and leads you to a cramped room filled with books. Huge numbers of books. There is a whiteboard near the door, a normal library table in the middle of the room, and old copies scattered everywhere. The green haired demon walks his way towards one fancy stack of books that looks like it contains prominent information. He scans through the pile and finally grabs the one he has been looking for. On the maroon hardcover, you see a bold print that reads “The Godless''.

“You see, the organization that named themselves as ‘The Godless’ are a group of witches and demons who hold hatred towards the Devildom rulers. They have existed for millions of years, even before Diavolo took over the throne.” you listen to Quentin’s not-so-brief explanation while scanning through the pages. “When I first heard of your story and description about Heather, her characteristics really match with one of The Godless’ governors, Hashihime. A female demon that was in a huge war with the old king, Diavolo’s grandfather.” he explained with a serious face. So then you try to connect the dots. Realization hits hard when you finally understand that Heather might be up to no good in RAD. She could create a plot to seek her way to the castle and destroy the monarchy. All of that is supported by the fact that education is one of the best ways to infiltrate and get closer with the Devildom higher-ups. “So what can I do?” you think to yourself. Can you and both of your helpers find a way to stop her? But looking back to the past, you still remember about how the brothers have thrown you away. “It’s their fault for trusting a pretty girl just from her appearance in the first place. But again, I have also known how it feels to be loved and cared for by them.” Your dilemmatic mind is affecting your facial expression, and that is causing Quentin to tap your shoulder. Feeling a little bit surprised, you flick your head towards him. “Don’t worry, we will be doing these efforts not just for the brothers, but for your sake and maybe the whole Devildom.” he said with a comforting smile. Both of you leave the narrow room and continue to walk down the hall that leads into the area where your skills will be tested.

• • •

“Now, Y/N, please stand in that white box. reach out your hand and catch the ball that will appear as fast as possible. You see the camera over there? It's going to measure your muscle reflexes.” Quentin explains while you are following his guide. “Now, ready?” you nodded and finally finished the test after 10 minutes. “Well, that was quick…” you feel relieved. But far from your expectations, there are still so many tests left for you to handle. Two hours have passed, and you feel exhausted as hell. No pun intended. Fire resistance test, water control test, ultra speed test, poison tolerance test, cell modification test, and so many more. All of those body wrecking examinations are to determine your main ability. Don’t worry, they didn’t harm you. The good thing is, now you hold knowledge of your primary strength : witchcraft endurance. Even as a demon, those strong spells will not affect your physical health or cause any damage to your body. “Great! This is so cool.” you speak to yourself. The bespectacled devil who accompanies you waves his hand and invites you to return to the lab to see the results of your blood test.

After receiving and viewing the blood report together, now is the time to arrange the perfect plan for revenge. Your first step would be finding out Heather’s background and identity. It feels kinda odd to you, the way all of the brothers suddenly turn their back from you just to simp for an ordinary blue eyed angel. There is something fishy about that case. You want to make sure that you are plotting a flawless retaliation, so the three of you run a deep check beforehand. By the time you are done collecting the files and data, Bernieche found a really shocking proof that Heather is indeed, not an angel. Her fingerprint matches Hashihime’s. Facing an opponent like that, you need to think quickly. Time is ticking, Lucifer and his brothers could be in danger. Who knows what spell Hashihime has put them in. Devildom being destroyed and ruled by a cult like The Godless will be a nightmare. Many victims will fall, and the worst scenario is having the ones you love are being brainwashed and will kill you with their own hands.

To be continued…

A/n : So, have I improved in writing? :”)