Three

Long Story

Long Story

︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

Klaus and Jardani were sitting at the bar in the Mystic Grill. "I would've seen you as bourbon type of fellow." Klaus told Jardani as he ordered himself a beer.

"I'm new to this type of stuff" Jardani admits to Klaus.

"Drinking?"

"Yeah. Let's just say, I've been away for a long time" Jardani said in a strained voice indicating that it's a long story.

Klaus nodded not wanting to push further, "What brings you to Mystic Falls, Jardani?"

"My family."

"That's funny. I'm here for family as well."

"Reunion?"

"I guess you could say that" Klaus told Jardani truthfully. For some reason, Klaus felt like he could trust him and he didn't know why. "A funeral to be precise."

Jardani looked at Klaus in surprise, "Oh. If you don't mind me asking, who passed away?" Jardani hoped it wasn't one of his other children.

Klaus took a sip of bourbon before answering, "My father."

"Your father?" Jardani said knowing that he meant Mikael, the same man who took HIS family away from him, that took his life away from him. Jardani took a sip of his beer to keep himself from lashing out at mention of Mikael of being his sons father.

"To be fair, he wasn't really a good father so I'm just here to see him be gone."

"In my opinion, if he wasn't such a good father, I wouldn't have came."

Klaus chuckles at Jardani's comment, "You here for a reunion?"

"Sort of. I'm here to find my wife then my children."

"Did they leave you?"

"It's a long story, Klaus."

Suddenly Klaus's phone rings, "Excuse me." Klaus gets up and walks a bit away from Jardani not knowing that he could hear his conversation. "What is it ,Mindy?"

"The house is ready for tonight, Klaus." Jardani furrowed his brows wondering what his son could be doing.

"Good. I'll see you tonight."