Five

Homecoming

Homecoming

▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

Rebekah is getting ready for the Homecoming dance in Stefan's room after she helped Scooby-Gang with the plan to lure her brother. Elena enters the room.

"Getting a head start, huh?" Elena asks the blonde original.

Rebekah sighs, "Embarrassing truth? This is my first high school dance."

"Ever?"

"I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around, running. Anyway, I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Have you heard any more from him?"

"No, not since Caroline told us that he and his friend disappeared from the grill. But I'm sure that when he does return he'll do it with flair."

"And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?"

"Yes."

"Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just... I want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael."

Elena walks up to Rebekah as she pretends to comfort her, "I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town.
Rebekah: Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person and he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can."
Rebekah has tears in her eyes as she looks at the doppelganger.

"Are you okay?"

"I've spent my whole life loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I'd be the one to help drive a stake through his heart. No tears, I don't want to ruin my makeup."

Rebekah turns her back to Elena and looks in the mirror again. "How do I look?"

"You look amazing. But you're missing one thing" Elena tells her as she takes the necklace out of her pocket.

"My mother's necklace."

"You should wear it tonight. May I?" Rebekah nods; Elena puts the necklace around Rebekah's neck.

"Thank you," Rebekah tells Elena with a small smile. Suddenly, Elena drives the dagger through her back into her heart.

Rebekah's skin was starting to desiccate, "I'm so sorry. I can't leave anything to chance either."

▪︎▪︎☆☆▪︎▪︎

Meanwhile, at the new mansion that Klaus recently bought he and Jardani were getting ready for the dance.