Eighteen

'Contract'

'Contract'

--**--

"Challenge us?" Stefan asked in confusion. "I thought this agreement was supposed to make our lives easier."

"It can. But it also depends on our actions, remember we make our lives easier or harder for ourselves," Malena told the young man.

"What do you suppose we do?" Caroline asked.

Malena stood up from the table and walked to the cabinet drawer to take out two pieces of paper.

"We had these contracts made one for each side. There is a spell connected to these," Lucifer started before he was interrupted by Damon.

"Nope, no spells," the raven-haired vampire.

"Just listen," Lucifer said. "The spell is going to help us keep in check, if anyone feels like breaking the agreement."

Malena places the papers on the table. On one paper, there are the names of the Scooby-Gang and the paper has the Morningstar's name. "All we have to do is sign our names with our blood and the spell is complete and the agreement is on."

"What does this connect with the agreement?" Damon asks.

"For example, if any of us were to kill one another, the name of the person who instigated the attack will light on fire and the person who is being attacked their name will disappear," Jardani explained. They knew this plan should work because if they don't want to cause bloodshed then they will have to learn to play nice. 

"That's the challenge, isn't it?" Stefan questioned. "Being able to hold off from ripping each other throats, to keep everyone safe. And we can't blame each other because then the contracts will tell us who started the war."

"Exactly," Lucifer said with a smile.

"So, what do you all say?" Malena asks as she takes out two pens. Handing the contract with her family's name to the Scooby-Gang with a pen.

Everyone looks at each other before nodding in agreement.

"Great. Now, stab your finger with the pen write your name on the bottom and it's done."

They all did what Malena said and they passed the contracts around after they signed their names with their blood. "Whoever wants to keep the contract to make sure that agreement stays intact, is welcome to do so."

Stefan took the contract and looked at the original mother, "Hopefully, you all have self-control."

Malena smiled at the young vampire and took a couple of steps towards him until she was face to face with Stefan. She puts her right hand on his shoulder and the other on his cheek, "Mr. Salavtore, you really shouldn't be talking about self-control."

She returned from him, "Thank you all for your time tonight. Glad that we came into an agreement."

Jardani stood up, "I'll show you out."

Everyone except from the Morningstar family stood up and followed Jardani out of the dining room.

Jenna turned to Malena before she walked out and smiled at her, "I can't thank you enough."

Malena hugged the young woman, "No need to thank me."

Jenna gave her one last smile before catching up to her niece and nephew.

Malena walks back to the dinner table grabs a glass of blood and drinks it in one go. "You all know that this contract is serious, right?" Malena sees her children looking at her.

They all nod. "We're not going to risk it, Mother," Finn says as he gets up and walks to his mother kissing her on the cheek. 

"What if they try something?" Kol asks his mother.

Malena pours another glass of blood, "Then they will be starting a war that they won't finish." She drinks the blood with a smirk on her lips.