Chapter Twenty-One

Zakari's Pov

"Well good job everyone, class is dismissed, have a nice summer!" My teacher stated before everyone started to pack up and leave the classroom. "Zakari come here please," I went to his desk after grabbing my backpack, "You did really good this year, and congratulations for getting your master's." He smiled brightly at me. 

"Thank you," I took my certificate from him and left the room.

I left the school building, not bothering to talk to anyone. 

I took my car key from pocket and unlocked my car. I drove straight to my destination before getting out my car and walking into the building. 

"I'm here for Lovely," I said walking to the front desk.

In a few minutes, my little girl ran to me. "Mommy!" I picked her up, hugging her tightly. I waved the lady at the front desk goodbye before making my way out the building. "Wait, I gotta say bye to my fwan," I smiled and put her down so that she could hug her 'fwan'.

After doing so she came back to me and held my hand. I walked her to the car, buckled her up, and started to drive out of the parking lot. 

"Are we going to see mommy?" Mariah asked me from the backseat. "I'll call her to see," I replied calling her Mom, Siara. 

"Hello?" 

"You home?" I asked not wanting to drive all the way to her house, just for her to not be there. 

"Yeah, y'all comin over?" She asked me before I could ask her. 

"Yeah should I bring anything?" 

"Yeah, I was thinking about a movie night with some popcorn and pizza." We stayed on the phone until I went to pick up the pizza, and pull up to her house.

 After hanging up I unbuckled Mariah, and unlocked Siara's front door. 

I opened the door to see Siara picking a movie with an unknown woman beside her. 

I shut the door, and leaned on the wall, watching Mariah hug her mom. 

They all turned towards me, "I wish you said you had company," I said, sitting the pizza on the table in front of them. 

The woman turned to me, "Hi, I'm Jazmine," she said, smiling at me. 

I nodded, "Zakari." 

I sat and watched a movie with them until it was around eight. I then got up to leave since I had work, but Mariah stopped me. 

"Where are you going," I kneeled to her level, seeing as she was about to cry. 

I picked her up and brought her faced to face with me, "I have to go to work, pumpkin." I kissed her cheek.

 "Are you coming back?" She questioned with tears falling.

I wiped her tears, "I'll come straight back, and kiss you before you sleep." I promised, handing her to Siara. I then walked to towards the door.

"Nice to meet you Jazmine," I said before opening the door.

"Are y'all dating?" I heard Jasmine ask Siara.

"No," she dragged out hesitantly. "Why?" Siara asked Jazmine. 

"Because it seems like she loves you—and y'all would be cute together." I smiled at Jazmine's response. 

"She loves me because I'm the mother of this little one," she stated referring to Mariah.

"Are you going to sleep?" I heard Siara ask Mariah. 

"Mhm," she hummed lowly. 

"So Mommy will be back sooner?" Siara asked with a chuckle. 

"Mhm."

I walked out the car and quickly drove to the club. I started my shift, but quickly left when it was finished. It was around two in the morning, so I was surprised to see Siara's kitchen light on, when I pulled up. 

I locked my car door after making my way to her front door, and knocked. She opened and let me in, seeing it was me. 

"Why didn't you use your key this time?" She asked, walking back into the kitchen. 

"Cuz your light was on," I answered, locking the front door.

"Mhm," I stayed at the door until she started walking up the stairs. I went to Mariah's room, and kissed her cheek like I promised. I turned to see Siara waiting at the door. 

"Why aren't we dating? I mean you love our daughter." 

"I'll always love our daughter, but I'll also love her mother." I walked up to her. 

"That wasn't my question." She brought her hands up to my face. 

"Is Jazmine your girlfriend?" I asked, since the reason was pretty obvious.

"Just a friend, but you're avoiding the question." She rolled her eyes at me, but not moving her hands. 

"Because we want other people." I paused due to the look she was giving me, "Plus we ended up with a kid the last time that happened." 

I scrunched my face at her with a smile. "Valid reason," she said, turning towards her room. "We're moving to Hollywood." I followed her, flabbergasted, but confused at the news. 

"Why?" I mean I'd love to go, but why. 

"Your family's there, and you just finished school." She stated before plopping on her bed.

I sat beside her, and looked at her, "I know you miss your friends," she looked at me with a smile. 

"Plus I got a DM from a Nyeemah and Malaysia." I tilted my head since it sounded like they'd do that.

"They said they want to see their goddaughter, now or else they'll kidnap her."