The Party

(The Green Dress is what Annabel's wearing for the Party)

"You wouldn't believe who we ran into today while shopping for a dress for the party this Friday." Rebeca twirled her fork in the air and gave Richard a you wouldn't believe it look.

George looked up at her, he wasn't expecting her to be the one bringing it up. Maggie looked at her older brother for further details, but he just smiled at her. It was rare for George to join them for dinner nowadays, even more rare to see him smile, so who ever it was, made him smile again.

"Pray tell, who?" Richard said with a slight annoyed tone to his voice, it was getting exceedingly hard for him to put up with Rebeca.

"You tell him George."

All eyes turned to George as he cleared his throat in surprise.

"We saw mama."

Maggie gasped, Richards hand froze from cutting the steak and his eyes opened wider, the twins happily looked at each other and hugged and Margot, well, she started calling out to her again.

"Y-you," Richard cleared his throat and tried again. "You saw Annabel?"

His heart was fluttering.

"Yes, she works for the Wilton's now, believe it or not." Rebeca put a forkful of food in her mouth.

"Old Wilton's gotten sick to the point of being bedridden and I haven't visited him in a while. I think it's about time I stoped by to see how he's doing , don't you think George?" Richard wiped his mouth and put the napkin down, getting up from his seat.

"I do, I'll even accompany you." George pushed his chair back and got up.

"Where do you two think you're going? It's lunch time, people are eating right now. You can't just barge in unannounced." Rebeca annoyingly sighed at them.

"James!" Richard called out and the butler hurriedly came into the dinning room. "Call the Wilton's and tell them that George and I will be stopping by this evening to check in on old man Wilton."

"Of course sir."

George sat back down and got kicked under the table by his sister.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She hissed at him.

"I was going to, but she beat me to it."

"So ah," Richard sat back down and shifted in his seat. "How is she doing?"

Maggie and George smirked at each other.

"How am I supposed to know? Get this, she's going to the party on Friday. In what? Her hand me downs?" Rebeca laughed out loud like what she said was the most hilarious thing in the world, but no one else laughed.

"You know papa, I know you told me a few days ago to come along to this party and I refused, but I think I've changed my mind now." Maggie gave her father a sweet smile.

He raised a brow at her but didn't say anything. He has a feeling he knows why she changed her mind.

Later that evening Tiffany was following around Annabel as she and her younger siblings picked their toys up to put away.

"He's going to come." She said for the millionth time that day.

"I'd much rather if he didn't." Annabel grumbled as she continued to work.

"Deep down you do."

They both stared at each other when the door bell rung.

"It's gotta be him!" Tiffany excitedly squealed and ran out of the room.