Playing with fire

The set lasted just over an hour. My brother lent over the stage at the end and said he would meet Lyla and I at the bar in 10 minutes. 

They played so well. I was always proud of my brothers achievements. However tonight my mind was elsewhere. Or on someone else should I say. Cole held my focus for most of the night, and the alcohol in me made me feel flirtier than ever. My dancing reached a whole new level tonight, Cole unable to look away. I wondered if this was too good to be true and it was just a figment of my imagination or maybe just the alcohol talking. 

Lyla and I pushed our way through the crowd to get to the bar. Ordering another round of shots ready to celebrate with the boys when they came over. Unable to wait Lyla and I did all 6 shots between us and laughed. Oh well, I guess we were ordering another round! 

"What did you think then kid?" asked my brother coming up behind me and leaning on my with his elbow on my shoulder 

"I'm not a kid I am 21" I answer back confidently crossing my arms over my chest. The alcohol was definitely starting to talk and move for me. I just hoped I wouldn't end up in a bush at the end of the night, instead maybe I could be in Cole's bed. Yep. Definitely the alcohol talking. 

"Shots shots shots" shouted Logan making his way to us punching his fist up and down in the air. 

"Well played tonight Logie" I said winking at him 

"Thanks princess" he replied pinking up his shot and downing it quickly 

"What did you think of Cole then?" asked my brother looking at Lyla and I 

"He was smoking hot" said Lyla without hesitation 

"What did you think of Cole as a bass player" asked my brother again shaking his head at both of us after noticing the smirk that settled on my face once Lyla made that comment 

"He was great" I said all too quickly "Where is he?"

"He should be around here somewhere" My brother adverted his gaze and began to look around the bar. I didn't know how I felt about seeing him close up again now I knew who he was. Knowing my brother he had already warned him off me, and asked him to look after me like a little sister. I remember the first chat he had with the band when I came on my first night out with them. They didn't even look in my direction. Too scared to see what my brother would do if they did. My relationship with Logan and Fraser was strictly brother and sisterly. Despite my young crush on Logan, I didn't see them as any different now. But I was hoping I was allowed to crush on Cole because he was totally fine. 

Returning from my daydream I heard my brother talking to me "So Cole I would like you to meet my baby sister Hattie. Hattie this is Cole" I couldn't find anything to say. Seeing him this close up again made me go weak at the knees. The alcohol definitely not helping at this point. 

"Hi Hattie" he smirked at me. Nothing more. But that was all I needed to want to die inside. God I needed another drink. 

I turned towards the bar and grabbed 2 shots. Perfect. I put my big girl panties on and handed one to Cole. He winked at me. I downed my very quickly after that. 

"Hit me up" I yelled at the bar tender needing another. 

A few minutes later I turned around to see Cole talking to Lyla. Of course. Lyla was able to hold a conversation easier than anyone else i had ever met. Her long legs and shiny blonde hair were a boy magnet. I was always envious of her and her confidence. I was always having to rely on alcohol to feel half as confident as she did. Lyla smiled at Cole and I felt jealous. I know I had no right but the 2 hours I had 'known' Cole made me feel like I had to find out more about him. 

Sitting down on the stool next to me my head began to spin. It wasn't much later than 10pm but I was already feeling dazed. 

"Angel"

I continued to stair at the wall 

"Angel" someone whispered in my ear

I turned around almost falling off the stool. 

"Woah there angel" Cole said now holding me in his arms stopping me from falling over once again. "We are leaving" He released me from his arms but held out his hand to pull me threw the crowd. 

I took his hand in mine. His significantly bigger than mine, it made me feel safe. He led me to the door and then let go. A cold feeling then took over. 

Who was this man and why was he making me feel like this?