Chapter 46

Warning: this chapter will have sexual material

Nichole kept an alert eye out the entire time to the motel, and when they got there, she sat on a chair and peered out the window.

"You know, we'll all sense Aro a long time before you will." Jacob teased her, and Nichole gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

"Hey, try not to worry about things, okay? We're all here to protect you."

"That's the problem, Jacob, you all shouldn't have to protect me like this. I just...I don't know." She sighed, rubbing her arms. "I feel weak, you know?"

"Nichole.." Jacob took her hand. "I know that this has to be so scary for you, but you just need to trust us, okay? I know that you don't want any of us to get hurt, but there's a large group of us, so there's a good chance that Aro won't be able to do anything to any of us." He pressed a kiss to Nichole's head, and she closed her eyes.

"This might sound kind of weird, but do you think that you could sleep with me tonight?" She asked him. "Trust me, I don't want anything to happen, I just...I want somebody there with me, you know?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course I will. You go and get ready for bed, okay?"

Nichole went into the bathroom, getting her pajamas on, and brushing her teeth. When she got into bed, Jacob crawled in beside her. She hardly even needed a blanket on because of the body heat that emanated from him. "You guys really are hot, aren't you?"

Jacob laughed a bit. "What are we talking about here? Physically or anatomically?"

Nichole slapped his chest. "You know good and well what it is that I mean."

Jacob laughed again. "Anybody tell you that you slap hard?"

"I'm a human, you're supposed to be a wolf, you must be a pretty weak one at that."

"Hey!"

This time it was Nichole who was laughing. Jacob couldn't help but admire her features. Even with everything that Nichole had gone through, everything that she was currently going through, she was still able to laugh about things.

Nichole looked up at him. "Jacob? You okay?"

Jacob gently cupped her cheek. "Yeah, I'm just admiring you."

Nichole blushed darkly. "Admiring me?"

"Yeah... I don't think that you realize just how strong you are, Nichole. I mean, look at everything that you've been through, and you're still able to laugh about things."

"Just kiss her already!" Emmett shouted from the next room over. "We all know that you want to."

Nichole groaned, hiding her face in Jacob's chest. "I really hate my brothers sometimes." She muttered, causing Jacob to laugh loudly. Nichole found that the rumble that emanated from his chest when he laughed was extremely comforting.

"I don't know, I think that Emmett might have a point," Jacob said, which caused Emmett to shout at them again. "Just don't do anything other than kissing, the rest of us don't want to hear all that!"

"Will ya shut up?!" Someone else shouted from across the hallway. "There's some of us that are trying to sleep here!"

Jacob looked down at Nichole. "I mean, it would get your brother to shut up."

Nichole rolled her eyes, but she could feel her heart pounding. "Fine, if only to get him to shut the hell up."

Jacob chuckled lowly, watching as Nichole looked up at him. He was glad that she didn't have supernatural hearing, otherwise, she would sense that his heart was beating just as fast as her own was. Slowly, he pressed his lips to her own, and Nichole didn't hesitate to reciprocate the kiss, one of her arms wrapping around his neck.

despite Emmett's words of warning, Jacob couldn't help himself. He deepened the kiss, and the groan of pleasure that came from Nichole's lips only spurred him on further. He carefully climbed on top of her, gazing down at her, as though asking for permission to continue.

"I know that I said I didn't want anything to happen tonight," Nichole murmured. "But I think that you just changed my mind."

"I don't want to push you." Jacob cupped her cheek gently. "The last thing that I want is for you to feel like you're being pressured into something that you're not ready for, and with what your father did to you-"

"Hey." Nichole put her hand over the hand of Jacob's that was cupping her cheek. "You're not my father. What he did was vile, and something that no father should do to their child, but I know that you would never hurt me like that."

This time, it was Nichole that initiated the kiss, pulling Jacob closer to her.

Jacob put his hands on either side of her head to keep his balance on top of her as he nibbled at her lip, asking for entrance, which Nichole was quick to grant. His tongue slipped into her mouth, pinning her own down. An animalistic growl emanated from his throat, causing Nichole to look at him in curiosity, and slight alarm.

Jacob pulled away, blushing a bit. "Sorry....wolf thing."

Nichole giggled. "I think that it's rather cute." She kissed him again, this time maneuvering them so that she was on top of him. She pulled his shirt off before kissing him deeply, only breaking the kiss long enough to pull her own shirt off.

Jacob felt his breath hitch in his throat. "God, you're beautiful."

"And yours for the taking."

The two spent the night making sweet love to each other, two pieces of rope that were finally intertwined, and they knew that nothing would be able to break them apart.

Except, of course, Nichole's extremely overprotective siblings.