Chapter 53

It took Nichole about forty-five minutes to get into town, she had sprayed herself heavily with perfume, hoping that would deter the others from being able to track her scent quite so easily.

It had seemed to do the trick, because she was able to get into town without running into any of them, which actually kind of surprised her.

Jane was the one that met Nichole. "Aro is not happy with you."

"No, I suppose that he isn't. I'm surprised that you're not fighting with the others."

"Aro wasn't sure if you would bring any of the mutts with you, he wanted me here to make sure that didn't happen. Apparently, you're smarter then we give you credit for. Your human is alive I tried to get Aro to let me play with her but he wouldn't allow it." She gave a disappointed sigh before going over to Nichole and picking her up.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"You actually thought that Aro would remain in town for very long? Maybe you're not so smart then after all." Jane sped off, and Nichole clutched onto her tightly.

"Why are you even doing this for the human?" Jane asked once she had stopped running and Nichole was on the ground again. "She is weak, vulnerable."

"She's also my friend." Nichole retorted. "I don't know if you know about this thing called loyalty, but Bella is a good friend of mine, and that means that if I have to put my life on the line to keep her safe, then that's what I'm going to do, even if it means that I have to be Aro's slave or bride or whatever for the rest of my life."

Jane was clearly surprised by this answer. "Come, Aro is waiting."

Nichole wasn't exactly sure what city they were in, but the building that they were entering was an upscale hotel.

"Well, he's not exactly laying low, is he?" Nichole muttered as they entered the hotel.

"Why would he?" Jane answered. "It's not like he has anything to be scared of."

"Of course not, he's lord over everything." Nichole huffed as they made their way towards an elevator, taking it all the way to the top floor to the penthouse.

"There is my beautiful runaway bride." Aro said, smiling widely when he saw Nichole. Bella was tied to a chair, duct tape placed around her mouth.

"I'm here, just like you wanted, so let her go."

"Patience, my darling, she will be released in due time. However, you ran away from me, and that is something that I will not tolerate, and for that, you are going to be punished. Jane, if you would."

Nichole closed her eyes, expecting the excrutiating pain that Jane's power was known for causing, but she opened her eyes when she heard Bella's muffled screams of terror and agony.

"What are you doing?!" Nichole screamed. "Leave her alone!"

"This is your punishment, Nichole." Aro said. "Now you know what happens to those who disobey me, those that they love wind up getting hurt."

"Please stop! I'll never try to leave you again, I promise! I'll do everything that you want me to do! You can use my blood for whatever you want, I'll be the perfect wife, just stop hurting Bella!"

Aro held up a hand, and Jane stopped. Tears fell down Bella's face, and she was slumped forward, just barely conscious.

Aro let Nichole go to Bella. She got on her knees, peeling the tape off of Bella's mouth.

"It hurts." Bella whimpered. "It hurts so much."

"I know, I know it does." Nichole murmured, blinking back tears. "But you're going to be okay, I promise."

"Nichole, you can't."

"I have to." Nichole stood up, pressing a kiss to Bella's head. "Just trust me, okay? And...take care of Edward for me."

Nichole then stood, turning to face Aro. "As I said before, I'll do everything that you want me to, but first you have to let Bella go."

"And how do I know that you're going to follow through once I release the girl? You have stabbed me in the back before, after all."

"The child." Jane said. "She's pregnant, I can hear the heartbeat."

Nichole's eyes widened, and a hand went to her belly.

"My, my, you have been busy, haven't you?" Aro said with a chuckle. "You haven't even been away from me for that long, and you're going to be having a pup."

"Please don't hurt it." Nichole whispered.

"I see now that I don't even need the girl. Jane, take her back to town, she can call the Cullens from there to come and fetch her."

Nichole could merely watch as Jane untied Bella and whisked her away. Aro came up behind Nichole, his hand wrapping around her waist. "You are mine." He whispered in her ear, causing her to shudder. He dug his nails into her skin, causing her to wince. "And don't you ever forget it."

"I'm yours." Nichole murmured, and Aro smiled in satisfaction. "Good girl. Now, we got married, but I don't recall completing the nuptials."

Nichole swallowed thickly as he led her to his bed. This was going to be absolute hell for her, but Bella was safe, her family was safe, and Jacob was safe, and that was all that mattered to her. She would get through this, she had to, for her child if nothing else.