Chapter 4

Annalise's POV:

"Ashlynn, I already told you I don't like parties. All the parties I've been to end up sky high crazy!" I told my colleague at work. "Oh come on, Ann! Have a little fun for once! Ever since you and your mate broke up, you've been miserable." "I have not-" "Yes, you have and don't even try to deny it. Andy's party is tonight after work. It's gonna be a blast. Just come, please!" "Fine, Ashlynn! I will go to your cousin's party." I growled lowly. "Yes! Thank you thank you!" she exclaimed. I nodded. "Mhm. Now get back to work. The boss is gonna have our heads." "Oh, right!" she said, turning to her desk. I hate my job. I have made some great friends, like Ashlynn here. Though she can be really....annoying. I know that her brother, John, is friends with Roger, so he's probably invited. It's no problem. He doesn't like parties, so he most likely, won't be coming. And if he does, I can just avoid him. "Well, girl, you are not coming like that." she said. "What do you mean? These are the only formal clothes I got." I stated matter of factly. "In that case, girl friend, we are going shopping!~" I stared at Ashlynn like she'd lost it. Which I think she did. "Ash, you know I don't have the money to go shopping and get a fancy dress." "Oh no, Ann. We are getting you some nice dressy clothes and you don't have to pay a cent." "Ash! I can't let you do that! If I know you, which I do, you want to take me somewhere expensive! I can not, and will not let you pay for my clothes!" "Annalise, you can and will let me pay for it. You need some new clothes. Like, when you start dating again, you can't just go in jeans and a T-shirt." This time, she's really out of her mind. "Ashlynn, I told you a million times, I am not going to be dating again. I am too busy for-" "Fun." Ashlynn interrupted. "For dating. I have work, and I spend the little free time I have with Peter. And sometimes, Story comes over and visits." I explained. "Annalise, isn't Story your........mate's sister..?" I nodded. "Why is she coming over to visit? Don't you hate Roger?" I sighed. I didn't answer her last question. I just answered the one about Story. I don't like to talk about him. I honestly don't know how I feel about Roger anymore. "Story is Peter's mate. I have nothing against her. She's not responsible for her brother's actions. I am really glad that Peter and Story found each other. And to be honest, Ashlynn, I think they're perfect for each other." She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. "It's fine, girl. I'm happy for them too. Tonight you can just throw on your new clothes and forget all about work, your mate, and everything that's bugging you. Just...have fun." Ashlynn can be very outgoing and crazy at times, but she really is a great friend. I've never met her brother, but I heard he's friends with Roger. She says he in a way has two sides to him. He's sweet and kind, but he can also be pretty mischievous and mean sometimes. She said that unfortunately, lately, his mean side is showing more than his good side. And it's worse than usual. She doesn't really know what happened. I hope for his sake, his attitude changes for the better soon.

 "Ashlynn, don't even think about putting me in one of those things!" I declared, staring at some dresses in front of me. "Girl, I didn't choose them. My friend Luisa did. "Hola, senoritas!" a young woman with dark hair and brown eyes said, coming over to them. "Hola, Luisa. This is the girl I was telling you about." "Ahh, I see. Do not worry, Senorita Annalise. Hmmm....I think perhaps I chose a couple wrong dresses for you...Marron and rojo will not do." "Um..Marron and rojo?" I asked, not quite understanding the spanish girl's words. Luisa smiled understandingly. "In english, Marron means brown and rojo means red." she replied. "Oh, ok. Thank you, Luisa." I don't really know much spanish. "De nada." Luisa replied. I nodded with a smile. "It means, your welcome," Ashlynn whispered. "Ohh, ok, thanks." "No problem." The girls giggled a little while Luisa continued looking through the choices she chose and taking out a few. "Verde? No. That will not do." Luisa declared, taking out a green colored dress. Within several minutes, Luisa had taken out almost all the dresses she had chosen. "I shall have to find more for you, senorita. For now, go put these on. Apura now." she gave Annalise the three dresses that remained. "Ok, I'll go try them on. What does apura mean?" Luisa and Ashlynn laughed. "It means, hurry," Ashlynn told me. "Oh, ok. I'm starting to think I should have taken spanish in school instead of german." I stated. With that, I went into the dressing room. Luisa went with Ashlynn to pick more dresses. The first dress I tried on, was a short black dress that went just below my knees. When I came out, Ashlynn and Luisa had just gotten back to the rack with two dresses. "No. That is not your color, Senorita Annalise." "I agree, Luisa. Go try the other outfits on, girl." Ashlynn told her. I nodded and went back in. This time, I came out in a long white dress. It had sparkles all over. "I don't think that's quite you either." "I think your right. Shall I try the last dress?" "Si, Annalise. Go ahead." Luisa replied. This one was a dark blue dress with tiny black speckles all over it. It was short in length and went just below my knees. "I shall never choose dresses for some one before seeing them, again." Luisa declared, not believing she actually chose these dresses. "It's ok, Luisa. We do have more choices for her. These will be better, I know it!" "Si, Ashlyn! You are right! Here, senorita. Try these on." Luisa said, handing me four more dresses. The first, was a blush pink, which was short in length and came just below my knees. All of us liked it, and Luisa put it on the rack. The second, was a pale blue dress. It was long and had cap sleeves. We all liked it liked it. Luisa put in on the rack behind her while I put on the third. It was a nice, simple, light gray. It was a little longer than just below the knee and had 3 quarter sleeves. I liked it. "What do you guys think?" I asked. "Well, I don't think it's right for a party. But it does suit you." "Si, amiga. I think so too. I shall put it on the rack with the azul and the rosado." Luisa replied. After taking the dress, Luisa went to put it with the blue dress while I put on the final dress. It was a long, light purple dress with short sleeves. "Si! That is the one! I had a feeling this morada would be the one!" Luisa declared, excitedly. "Yep, for sure, amiga." Ashlynn replied. "I think so too." I said with a smile. I took off the dress and handed it over to Luisa. Luisa put the purple dress on the rack and went to put away the first three. After she returned, Ashlynn paid for the four dresses, much to my dismay. "Adios, Luisa!" Ashlynn replied, picking up the bag. "Adios, Amigos! Come again!" "For sure. When I have my own money. Bye, Luisa!" I smiled and whispered into Ashlynn's ear, "How do you say thank you in spanish?" "Gracias." Ashlynn answered. "Thanks, Ash." I turned and thanked Luisa in spanish. "De nada, Annalise." Luisa smiled at the girls. When we reached the parking lot, Ashlynn said, "Now to get home and get you ready."