Chapter 18

*This is Roger. This is Annalise. This is both of them.*

 Roger's POV:

 A week had passed. Every day, Lewis was nagging me to say something to her. "If you don't say something soon, I'm gonna take over and say it for you!" he exclaimed. "Alright, alright! I'm trying here, Lewis! I just...Can't seem to get up the nerve to say anything..." I declared. "I know...I get it...Sorry, Roger," Lewis said quietly. I gave him a small smile. "It's fine. Well, here goes nothing. Let's hope I don't blow it and make a fool of myself." "You sound like when we first met her." Lewis laughed. I smiled and chuckled, remembering that day very well.

 *Flashback*

 I was walking down the sidewalk when I bumped right into someone. Guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. But, I'm glad I wasn't. My eyes went wide at the scent I smelled that seemed to come from right in front of me. I slowly lifted my eyes and gave a low gasp. "Mine." I whispered. Right in front of me, surrounded by groceries that had fallen when we collided, was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life. I doubt a girl more beautiful exists on this earth. Though my sister and mother are pretty. I quickly snapped out of my daze and scrambled over to the girl. I honestly wasn't sure what to say to her. "What do I say, Lewis?! How do I say it?! She's so beautiful...I just know I'm gonna blow it and look like a complete doofus!" I exclaimed to my wolf. "Just say something! Be yourself!" he declared. "Why don't you just take over and handle this?" "You don't say something soon, I will. You being silent makes you look rude and like a doofus." Lewis remarked. My eyes went wide at his words and I quickly scrambled over and helped her finish gathering her things. "I-I am so sorry. Here, let me help you." I said quickly, my voice shaky. She gave me a smile. "It's alright." She made me feel a tiny bit more comfortable. "Here, let me help you up." I said, standing up and reaching out my hand to her. She held onto her grocery bag and took my hand. As she stood up, we stood there, gazing into each other's eyes, still holding hands. "I-I am really sorry again...I was texting my mom and-" I said quickly, letting go of her hand and snapping my gaze away from her. "It's alright, really...I understand.." she spoke quickly. I smiled at her. "I'm Roger.." "Annalise." We smiled at each other. In that very moment, I knew I had found the one I had been waiting for all my life. My life had finally found it's missing piece.

  I looked at my mate, who was sitting by my bed. "I'll get you some water." she said, getting up. I quickly grabbed her hand and she spun around to face me. "Annalise...Don't leave me...I....I need to talk to you...." I said nervously. She nodded, sitting down on my bed. I struggled a little to sit up, but finally did. I took her hands in mine and looked her in the eye.

 "It doesn't take much to learn, when the bridges that you burn, leave you stranded, feeling alone..." I began in a song, my voice weak. Annalise looked at me.

 "It doesn't take much to cry, when you're living in a lie...And deceiving that someone who cares...If I could turn back the time, I would put you first in my life." Annalise remained silent, listening to my every word intently. I think part of her wondered if this was the truth. But I think the other part of her, knew it was the truth.

 "And I, would risk it all for you, to prove my love is true! I'll build a wall around my heart that will only break apart for you! Can change the way I feel...So, tell me what's the deal? Don't say, don't say it's too late..." I could feel my voice weakening. Annalise frowned a little out of concern.

 "And now, the hills are gettin' hard to climb...We're runnin' out of time. My decisions are pending on you." Annalise sang. I looked up at her. She helped me lean back on my pillow. Honestly, I felt tired. But, these things needed to be said.

 "I will accept the blame for burning out the flame...Hoping the story will twist once again...And if I could turn back the time, I would put you first in my life!" I sang out to her.

 "And I, would risk it all for you to prove my love is true! I'll build a wall around my heart that'll only break apart for you! Change the way I feel...So, tell me what's the deal? Don't say, don't say it's too late.." Annalise sang to me. 

 "Now, I'm layin' it all on the line for you..." we sang together. I think we surprised each other, but we just smiled, shrugging it off.

 "And I, would risk it all for you to prove my love is true!" she sang as we looked into each other's eyes. I could tell she was genuine. And I think, she knew I was genuine too.

 "I'll build a wall around my heart that will only break apart for you!" I sang the next line.

 "Can change the way I feel! So, tell me what's the deal? So, don't say, don't say it's too late! Would risk it all for you to prove my love is true! I'll build a wall around my heart that'll only break apart for you!" we sang together.

"Can change the way I feel! So tell me what's the deal?" Annalise genuinely wondered.

 "Don't say, don't say it's too late..." I sang softly.

 "Don't say, don't say it's too late..." we finished together.

 "Annalise, I am so very sorry for everything...I was such an idiot...And you were right....I am a liar....But only because I said I didn't want you. I do! And I more than want you. I need you, Ann. I love you so very much....I never should've left you alone...." I spoke. My voice was getting hoarse, but I didn't let that stop me. "I swear Annalise, I'll be there any time you want me to if you give me the chance. I'll be true, I promise you." Annalise frowned for a moment. She seemed to be thinking. "That seems familiar somehow...." she said slowly. "I sang it in my room...But I was alone and I know for a fact you weren't there." I stated. "D-did you mind-link it to me?" "No?" Then, it hit me like a tone of bricks. Lewis! "Lewis, did you-?" I didn't finish my sentence. He just smiled and nodded without saying a word. "Annalise, it was Lewis...Lewis mind-linked it to you without my knowledge!" I told her. "Now that I think about it, there were words that sounded like Lewis sang them. But....I thought it was all a dream...A weird dream."  she looked down a moment before looking back at me. "Roger, I forgive you...And I love you...Story found your diary. I know everything....If I had known-" "No! Don't blame yourself, Annalise. I don't blame you for pushing me away the way you did. I think I would've done the same..." "But I should've had more trust for you...Trust is important in a relationship..." "Well....What do you say we try to rebuild this relationship?" I asked with a smile. Annalise smiled back at me. "I say, let's do it."