4- What Are we Now?

It was the same routine ever day. You went to school, lunch with Ruby, texting and calling Jack on your way home, and playing video games with him until ruby came home. Now most people would get sick of doing the same thing for weeks up to months on end, but it was always something new with Jack. Something new he says, something new he does, it was almost as if he never tired of just being with you.

Now you were back on the same routine, though there was a small change tonight. Ruby was staying with family for the next few days, and Jack was very intent on staying with you. And its not like you were going to say no, after all, you were gonna be home alone. Some company would be nice, especially if that company was Jack.

Once you made it home, Jack was there to greet you as per usual. He demanded that you left you window unlocked especially for him. You don't know why he can't just use the front door but whatever.

You wrap your arms around Jack's torso as soon as he wraps his arms around you. "What do you have in store for us tonight EJ?" You ask, allowing him to let you go.

"A good old game and some snacks! Think we'll be able to fight Diablo? I think we got pretty close last time!"

"Yeah, I don't see why not. Though we'll probably have to pull an all nighter. I still have a lot of leveling up to do."

"That's fair."

You smile, Jack deciding to go into the kitchen to finish up the snacks while you head to your room to change into some sweats and a hoodie. You set up the game and grab the controllers, sitting down on the bed. Jack comes in moments later, handing you a bottle of soda and setting a small plate of snacks down on your side table before sitting down next to you.

"Ready to get your game on, Y/N?" Jack asks, grabbing his controller.

"Obviously."

~☆~

By the time 4 am rolled around, you and Jack were deep into the final fight of Diablo. Jack was sitting particularly close to you, and it was at that point that you couldn't tell if your heart was racing from adrenaline or from him.

It wasn't that long ago that you finally came to terms with your newfound crush on him, and you weren't entirely certain if it was a good thing or not. But for the time being, Jack felt like the best thing that had ever happened to you.

"Y/N! I'm down! One more hit from you and he's dead!" Jack said, ultimately out of health potions.

You snap back into reality, immediately assessing the situation and attacking the boss. Despite my panic, I manage to kill him, throwing my hands up in victory before laying down on my back.

"Yes! We finally killed him!" Jack cheers and lays down next to you, both of you looking at each other. "Well that took longer than anticipated."

"Heh, yeah."

Jack, being the touchy weirdo that he is, instantly laces his fingers together with yours and smiles at you. "But we did it! We're a pretty good team, Y/N."

Your cheeks get a pink tint to them and you instantly look away from him. Despite him being dead and the whole no eyes deal, he was still incredibly cute when he smiled like that.

"Y-yeah, I guess we are."

Jack sighs and places a hand on one side of your face, turning your head towards him. "You look away from me so often, why?"

You feel your face heat up and you place your hand on top of his. "I guess I just don't want to make things weird between us..."

"Y/N," He says, pulling your face closer to his so you'd look him in the eye, "Things could never be weird between us. I just want you to be honest with me."

"Jack..." You start, trailing off a bit before taking a deep breath. Moments like this don't happen often and you don't want to waste it. "I like you, a lot. I know you're not really human and all, and you did try to kill me a few months ago, but I can't help but feel like you're the most important person in my life."

He chuckles a bit and pecks your lips, rubbing his thumb across your cheek, "See, was that so hard?"

You push away from him and punch him in the arm, "Asshole, I didn't even think you liked boys. You scared the shit outta me."

"Hey, don't just assume! You could've always asked."

"I hate you."

"No you don't, now give me another kiss."

"Nah, you ruined the moment."

"Y/N! Pleaseeeee."

"Fine fine, one quick kiss and then I'm going to bed."

He smiles and sits up, cupping your cheek with one hand while you put your hand on the back of his neck. He gently presses his lips against yours, pulling away a few seconds later.

"Can I sleep in your bed with you?"

"Yeah, sure."

You both clean up, putting the games away before laying down and covering up with the blanket. Jack crawls into bed next to you, wrapping his arms around your waist and nuzzling his head into the center of your back.

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, you decide to ask a question that's been on your mind since the beginning of all this.

"Jack?"

"Hmm?"

"What are we now?"

"You're my boyfriend dumbass. You have no choice in the matter. You kissed me, you're stuck with me."

You smile a bit and chuckle, placing your hands on top of his, which are still securely around your waist. While the crickets chirped outside, you close your eyes. Jack's breathing evened out, indicating that he fell asleep. Content with the situation, and your new boyfriend, you are eventually lulled to sleep, Jack's grip on you never loosening.