𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭

"𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍?" LeFou asked

"No, LeFou." Gaston shook his head, but kept his eyes trained on the girls as they walked away. "It's the ones that play hard to get that are always the sweetest prey. That's what makes Belle so appealing. She hasn't made a fool of herself just to gain my favor. What would you call that?"

"Dignity?" LeFou replied with a raised eyebrow.

"It's outrageously attractive, isn't it?" Gaston asked, failing to realize that LeFou only shrugged. "Who was that other girl anyway?"

LeFou raised an eyebrow. "I believe that was Celine de Fayette—"

"Little Celine?" Shock replaced the smitten look on Gaston's face. "It couldn't be, surely I would've recognized her. We grew up together in this very village after all."

LeFou offered an explanation that served as more of an excuse. "Well, you were gone a while fighting in the war and little Celine became known as the town's angel."

"Angel, eh?" Gaston stroked his chin as if rethinking things. "Perhaps you were right, LeFou."

"About what?"

"I think it's time to move on," Gaston answered.

LeFou grew excited as he nodded in agreement. "Really? Well, I sure am glad to hear you say that, I mean—"

"Once Belle sees that my attention has turned to the town's angel, she'll realize her mistake and jump at my proposal of marriage!"

"Huh?" LeFou shook his head as if he'd misheard. "That's not what I—"

"Brilliant idea, LeFou," Gaston interrupted his small companion with a firm pat on the back. "It shouldn't be too hard either. You said it yourself earlier, I'm the greatest hunter in the world and an angel is just another creature with wings to be mounted on my wall."