𝐗𝐗𝐗. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 entered her room from the open window, urging her to wake

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 entered her room from the open window, urging her to wake. She blinked to move past the uncomfortable feeling of grogginess, rubbing her eyes afterward. She yawned and stretched, but paused, realizing that she'd just experienced the best sleep of her life: no nightmares, no wolves, no sudden revelations. However, there was a gorgeous pair of sapphire eyes that danced with her all night long across the clouds of daydreams.

With a smile so bright it competed with the sun, Celine tossed back her covers and floated over to the vanity. She turned her head, opening her mouth as if to have a conversation with her wardrobe before remembering that she was actually alone within her quarters. Although she was more than pleased that the curse had been broken, a small part of her would miss the way things were before, and it all had only changed just the other day.

"You might not be as alone as you'd like to think."

With a look of shock, Celine quickly turned around. The room was empty, but she could've sworn that she'd heard another voice aside from her own thoughts and seen something out of the corner of her eye. Warily, she turned back toward the mirror.

She released another startled gasp at the second figure visible in the reflective surface. It certainly should've been impossible since she recognized the face of the other figure to be none other than her father. She whipped her head around once more, but the room remained empty.

Now confused, she raised an eyebrow and looked inquisitively into the mirror. It was then she noticed a few key details: like the faint blue outline surrounding her father, or the way she could see the other end of the room through him as if he wasn't really there. He also lacked the color found in life.

"You're not really here... are you?" Celine asked, disappointed.

Raoul gently shook his head. "Unfortunately, I am not, but I wish more than anything that I could be."

"Are all the mirrors in this castle magical?" Celine asked, recognizing the magical signature resonating from the mirror as similar to the smaller handheld one she'd taken.

"Not all of them." Raoul shook his head. "Although sometimes it takes just a touch of something special to reach with dormant magic."

A concerning thought suddenly crossed her mind. "You're not trapped here, are you?"

Raoul shook his head again. "No, no. But now that your magic isn't blocked, and you can see creatures and objects imbued with magic, I thought a visit was in order."

"I miss you," Celine softly confessed. "I missed you even when I couldn't remember you."

"I never forgot you," Raoul consoled her, "and I've missed you just the same, but I'm so proud of you and the strong young woman you've become."

Celine could feel her eyes watering. Every inch of her being told her to turn around and hug her father, but she restrained knowing that she'd only be disappointed when she saw no one there. However, her father's reflection placed a hand on her shoulder and she swore she could almost feel his warmth beside her.