𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖽 - 𝗍𝖾𝗇

"I will never walk alone, his hand in mine

his hand in mine."

FRIDAY

"You look so beautiful," Jack smiled, his hands messing with the thin straps of the white dress—your wedding dress. "You will always be beautiful." he mumbled, leaning down to place a small kiss on the edge of your shoulder.

You stared at yourself in the vanity's mirror. The dress hardly looked like the wedding dress you dreamt off. You're pretty sure it's just a white dress that Wendy had owned.

Wendy...

"Is something wrong, darling?" Jack asked, his arms wrapping around your waist as he leaned down. He looked at you through the mirror, a cheesy grin crossing his face.

You looked so much different then before. Your skin was lighter and dehydrated. Your features seemed more shallow and edged. Your eyes weren't sparkly, but more dull and tiresome.

"Oh, Y/N, just give me a smile." Jack frowned, "It's our big day." you softly shook your head, "No, no..." you repeated, your eyes glistening as tears welled up.

Jack furrowed his face, "What do you mean, Y/N?" he asked, taking a step back and placing his hands on your shaking shoulders.

"This isn't our day, Jack," you whimpered, fanning your face to try and stop the tears from dropping while you rotated on the small chair to faced Jack, "This is just your day."

~

Danny sat in the pantry of canned, dry food. He rocked back and forth, his arms wrapped tightly around his frail knees as he sat with his head dropped down.

"Mommy.." he trailed off, "I want my mommy." his voice cracked, as he continued to rock. He's been waiting for you to return. You promised you'd come back and there's been no sign of you.

Danny doesn't know how long he's been sitting in the cold, lonely room, but he knows he's been in for long enough.

The five year old crawled out of his small spot under the table and slowly made his way to the metal door. His shaky hands pushed and pushed, but the door didn't budge.

It wasn't until hurried foot steps made their way to the door, making Danny scurry back to his hiding spot. The door creaked and was pushed open, your frightened figure rushing in.

"Danny?" you called out, looking over to the table. Small tuffs of brunette hair caught your eye and you walked forward, "Oh, Danny!" you stated, slightly lifting up the white dress so you could kneel down.