Chapter 30 ~ Family

Ryder

I woke up in a warm bed. My bed? No. Not even with Laklyn in my bed, it's not as warm as this. I open my tired eyes as I adjust to the light. I open my eyes and I see Aurora sitting crisscrossed as she hovers over Laklyn and blows raspberries on his tummy as he laughs.

My face brightens. Is there anything else to love about her? I don't doubt it. I am comfortable watching them, Aurora has a huge smile on her face and so does Laklyn.

When she hears me shift, she looks over to me and smiles. "Morning!" She leaned forward and kissed me cheek, which is not acceptable so I brought her back and kissed her lips, despite both our morning breaths.

Because ever since I got to feel the way of her lips, my brain and heart hasn't shut off and I'm addicted. "I smirk into the kiss as she pulls away. "Ryder! Morning breath!" She covers her mouth as I chuckled, throwing my head back.

Laklyn sees me awake and grabs my arms. I make an airplane sound as I lift him up and lay him on my chest, his head up and looking at me. I look to my side and see Aurora smiling so I open my free arm and she climbs into it and snuggles into me.

"Our family." I whisper and I feel her nod. "Our family." She repeats.

We lay here for a while before we get up and get ready for the day. "Gray came back to town for the last time before he is permanently moving so I'm going over to dinner!" She shouts to me from the bathroom.

"Okay! You want me and Laklyn to come?!" I yell back. She doesn't answer at first before she walks out of the bathroom and she nods. "Yes please." She makes a pouty face. I chuckle as I bring her closer.

"Just so my family knows I'm with someone." I nod my head in understanding. "Of course."

💌

I unbuckle Laklyn from his seatbelt, Aurora waits for me so we can walk into her parents house together. As a family.

We get to the front door and she knocks. A short woman, about two inches shorter than Aurora gives us a bright smile. "Rory!" She brings her in for a hug. "Willow! It's nice to see you! How's Maddox and Quinn?"

We step inside the house and I smell the delicious cooking of Fayette. "Oh they are perfectly fine." She playful rolls her eyes, pointing to her I'm assuming husband and baby who are sleeping on the couch.

Aurora laughs as she looks to me and back to Willow. "This is my boyfriend Ryder and his baby Laklyn." She gives her a bright smile. "Boyfriend?" Another male voice comes, Maddox, is now standing with a baby and walks to his wife's side.

Aurora nods. "Yes Maddox, Ryder and I are together." She wraps her arm around me and smiles. The two of them smile back. "I'm happy for you Rory." Willows gives her another hug and walks away with Maddox.

"One family down... a couple more to go." She sighs as I chuckle. Fayette peeps from the kitchen and walks over to me and kisses my cheeks. "Ryder how are you!"

"I'm good Mrs. Graham." I give her a smile. Coach comes next to her and kisses her head. "Son." We shake hands and make small chats about how Fat is always right.

We all walk into the huge kitchen and living room area. Another family sits on the couches. The woman stands. "Ryder right?" I nod my head. "I'm Mayella, I'm Rory's sister in law, it's nice to meet you." I shake her hand.

"Reece?" Aurora calls out, the man stands up and walks over to her and kisses her cheek. "Hey baby sis." He wraps his arms around her shoulders as well as his wife. "Ryder?" I nod.

"How are you man?" He shakes my hand. "I'm well, you?" He nods and smiles. "Glad you can be here for my sister." I give him another smile as he and Mayella walk to their children.

Now I have met everyone except for Grey, well official. Just as I think of him, he comes down the stairs, his eyes go to me. "Ryder?" I turn to face him. "Grey." I let my hand out for him to shake it, he does hesitantly.

"What are you doing here?" He doesn't sound mad, just confused. Aurora steps in. "Me and Ryder are... dating." She looks to her twin brother. He is silent for a while before looking at me.

"Is he good to you?" His eyes back to her as she nods and smiles. He nods with her and steps to her and wraps his arms around her. When they pull away... he looks at me and smiles. "I'll break you if-"

"Yeah yeah I know man." I pat his shoulder, we laugh and then we all gather in the kitchen and eat.

💌

We spend the night playing games and just being together as one big family. And before we leave- I feel like this is where     I belong. Where me and Laklyn finally fit in.

I watch as Mayella and Reece's daughters gather around their brother and Laklyn, with baby Quinn crying on his mom's lap because he is hungry.

I sit on the single couch with Aurora in my lap, the rest of the couples also seated together. I think out of all them- I think Abby and Cole are the most inspiring. How they ended up together, and shared stories of how love can be with an unexpected person.

I had to look down at my woman, and think that I can't believe she is my unexpected love. She falls asleep in my arms as the rest of us chat.

"And then- Abby stormed into the house- went into her room and came back out with swords. Swords!" Fayette exclaims as she smiles at her best friend.

"It was for a good reason." Abby shrugs as her husband Cole smiles and kisses her head. "Of course, Peach."

I look to Laklyn and see him also passed out, seeing as both of them are asleep, I take this as our time to leave. I pick Aurora up and carry her to the car, buckling her in and moving the seat a little down so she isn't uncomfortable. I then go back in and say my goodbyes and grab Laklyn.

As I drive home, I keep glancing at the woman I love and think that my life is complete.

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara