☆CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

THE GREEN.

The next day.

As usual James came to pick me up. We together went to college.

We saw Edward near our class corridor. I waved him hello, but he didn't respond to it. And he left from there.

I didn't understand what is wrong with him.

Me sitting close to James's seat.

Even though I sit every day. It's always exciting day by day.

It's lunch time.

I and James had a very quick lunch because he has basketball practice to do. So, he left for the practice.

Leah is busy, she said she had something to do with Seth. So, I thought to have a coffee. Before that I need to go to library and get a book for my project.

As I am wondering why Edward was avoiding us. I just saw Edward on the table sitting with his book. I really wanted to talk to him. So, I ran to him to talk. It is not that I am running, it is a fast walk but noiseless.

I sat opposite to him, leaned forward placing my both hands on the desk. Said, Hey, Edward. How are you? Is there something bothering you.

Seeing his expressions, I understood that he is irritated with me. So, he got up closing his books. I need to catch up with him. So, I got up, walking behind him.

God!

How can he walk this fast?

No wonder he walks fast, see those long legs, mine are like goose's leg, trying to catch up, I tripped over my shoe lace, I fell down.

He looked behind, me on ground he came running to me.

He then took me to the nearby cafe. Made me sit on the chair. Took out a bandage. Asked me to show my leg.

I hesitated.

But looking at his fierce look, I put my leg in front of him. He pulled my skirt a bit and put the bandage on the scratch on my knee. He then put another bandage on my right palm.

And then he angrily, asked me, "why are you following me?"

I then rebelled at him. I, hardly threw my both hands on the table and got up.

Saying, what is wrong with you? You were fine all these days. Why are not talking to me, but talking to everyone. Did I do something wrong?

All I could see is Edward having, what the shit is happening right now? Kind of expression on his face.

He started looking left and right and trying to shush me.

I then noticed that people are staring at me. I nodded my head saying sorry to them and sat down.

Me looking at him angrily. Then he started talking. He said what was bothering him. (Edward speaking) actually, my granny is admitted in the hospital for Alzheimer's, she is the only family member, my sister and I have.

My parents got divorced when we were young. My granny was taking care of us all these years. I was busy trying to do part-time to pay the bills for the hospital.

That is the reason I was not able to talk to you, I am so sorry.

EDWARD'S DILEMMA

I then asked him, I am so sorry too, but tell me the reason that how come you could talk to everyone but me?

He said, I am so sorry Hannah, I was kind of out these past few days.(by putting his head down).

Listening to all of these I forgave him. I asked him, can I go see your grandmother? Can you take me to her?

He is shocked Listening to this, he first refused but seeing how much I wanted to go. He agreed to take me there.

As I am about to go. My cell phone started ringing, looking at it, it is James.

I answered the call.

James asked me where I am, I said I am busy outside.

He asked me if I could go over to him to the practice area. I said that I have something important to do with Edward and I wouldn't be able to meet him.

I could hear his dull puppy voice saying, fine, call me after you are done, I love you and miss you messy.

I said, miss you too baby. I'll call you when I am done. [cuts the call]'

[off to hospital]

We reached the hospital.

It is "RUSH ALZHEIMER's DIESEASE CENTER". I waited in the lounge while he went to talk something with the nurse in the counter.

Then we both went to the room where his granny is admitted. We entered the room, James walked in first and put down the fruits we bought.

He then introduced me to his granny. He said, [holding her hands] granny this is Hannah, my best friend.

I went close to her and started talking, Miss Evelyn, how are you feeling now? The talk went on very well. Seeing her smiling at me all the time I understood that she likes me.

I then told Miss Evelyn that I am leaving because it is already late. She then asked me to visit her frequently.

She went to sleep. Edward and I slowly came out the room. He said that he will drop me but I said it is fine, I can go by myself, just get in what if she needs something.

Okay, then I got to leave now it is already late, let's meet tomorrow in the college.

I bid him goodbye.

Looking at my phone. It is already 12:00 at midnight and these twenty-four missed calls from James made me worry. I called him. But he didn't pick up the call.

I sent a voice note saying, baby, I am sorry that I was unable to pick up your call, it was on the silent. I am so sorry. I am so tired too. Let's talk about this tomorrow. Cuts the call, called a cab; got into it, reached home.