Chapter 29 Kitchen Sink

Well, I got everyone sick.

Oops.

The good thing, though, that everyone is sick together!

Everyone except Orion is huddled in the den, swaddled in pillows and blankets, and sipping cups of the soup Orion just made.

I'm standing by the sink, loading the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. I'm drying my hands on a dish towel when Orion comes to stand behind me, placing his hands on the counter on either side of me. He places a kiss on the back of my neck.

"Thank you for helping."

"Get off of me," I say, putting the dish towel down. "I can feel how hot you are. You need to be with the others." I feel his lips on my neck, and my heart picks up.

"I think I need to be here," he murmurs.

I close my eyes and lean forward with a hum.

He places kisses on the back of my neck and then goes around and to my shoulder, pulling my shirt away in the process.

That snaps me out of it. "Orion," I accidently whine. I clear my throat and wiggle out from his grip. "You do realize you're sick, right?"

He grins at me. "So? You can't get sick anymore. It doesn't matter."

I glare at him, and he grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. His lips go a millimeter away from mine.

My breath hitches, and I glance down at his lips.

He smirks and then kisses me, pushing me against the kitchen sink. It's not a harsh kiss, but it's not slow either.

My hand goes to his sleeve as I kiss him back. I'm still getting used to all of this, but I feel like this is something that I can definitely get used to.

"Guys, get in here. Orion and Blythe are going at it."

I break the kiss in surprise at the voice, but Orion pulls me right back in. My mind shifts back to the kiss, and I forget that the others are watching. I only focus on his lips and how soft they feel and how he's making me feel. I can feel his hands on my back now, pulling me closer to him until we're touching. I hear a whistle, and then I remember where we are and who is watching. I pull back and look at the others standing there and watching. Well, Jax and Dev are watching. Peter and Sam are making out, and I can see the top of Lincoln's above the back of the couch.

"Oh, don't mind us," Dev says and waves us on.

My face feels hot, but Orion laughs and places a kiss on my head. "Now you're hot too," he says next to my ear. He picks me up and carries me to the den. The others follow us and get back under the blankets on the couch.

I end up sitting in between Orion and Lincoln. I lean over to him as the others decide what to watch. "Are you feeling any better?"

Lincoln shakes his head. "Worse."

I place my hand on his forehead and feel how hot he is. He's burning up worse than the others. I get another blanket and place it over him, tucking it in and making sure that he has enough water in his cup. He needs to stay hydrated.

He smiles at me, but I can see in his eyes how much pain he's in. His head falls onto my shoulder when the movie starts, and he's like an oven.

I feel bad for getting everyone sick. I should've told everyone I wasn't feeling well earlier. Then maybe everyone wouldn't have gotten sick too. Everyone's pain is my fault. Me being in pain is fine, but them being in pain is not fine. I wish I could take all their pain away from them.