Chapter 8: Chan, Sweetie

I stepped back. "Then make like a good boy and grab the firewood from outside," I asked him. He smiled at me, heading outside to do as said.

Grandma came out of the bathroom seconds before Chan came back into the house with the firewood. A sweet smile was displayed on her face every time she saw him. It was refreshing seeing her smile like that. She hasn't smiled like that to a stranger ever since Grandpa passed. It was almost as if Chan had changed her mind about life, as if he was truly part of the family. I could tell, Grandma loved Chan the way she loved me, almost considering Chan a grandson of her's.

Chan lied when he told me he didn't have a family. He had us. I don't know how I considered him family, whether he was a really good friend, or older brother figure, but we still had a bond only family could have. So quickly, so easily, without wasting any time, we just... clicked. That bad feeling that I used to have whenever I was around him evaporated with time like a hot summer day before rainfall. Maybe that feeling would come raining down again, fogging up my mind like rain drops steaming against the hot road. Or maybe it was gone forever, never to be felt ever again- at least not around him.

Chan placed the firewood in the fire pit in the kitchen. Then, he went over to Grandma.

"Shall we?" He offered, putting his arm out for her to hold. She giggled at his modesty and consideration.

"Oh child, you are quite the package!" She chucked, feeling rather flattered. He took his arm, and they proceeded out the door. I sighed happily, smiling at them. They were a better duo than Chan and I. Sometimes I think he's best friends with Grandma over me.

As long as they're both happy, that's all that's important for now.

ϕ҂⋆*ღ⊀ ❝Chan PV ❞ ҂⊁≬≭*೨⋆*

What once was snow was now slush beneath our feet. It wasn't very cold, in fact, it was feeling warmer outside than usual. That almost everyone would come out of hibernation soon. Luckily, I was half human, I didn't need to deal with that. Once the time came, and everyone was awake and ready for spring and summer, life was going to be a nightmare for me. As time went by, I had to find a mate soon. I didn't want to think about any of that right now. Although I've never been the type to procrastinate, for some reason I felt the need to. I just needed time.

할머니 (Grandma) walked next to me, her hand tightly gripping my arm for support, which I was more than happy to provide. She was starting to become like a mother to me, despite her age. I would do anything to protect the people I cared about, including 할머니, and Y/N.

The first time I met Y/N was truly something. We didn't start off on the right foot, but that's partially my fault for coming off as if I were some stalker or creep in the middle of the wood. The first time I saw Y/N though- it was like no other experience in my entire life. I was young, around 48 years. In human years, though, I was about 11 or so. Each human year is about 4 and a half wolf years. For the others, it was more like 5 wolf years. Being half human can come in handy.

I remember I was running around the woods. I just needed a break from my father and all of the rules I had. My vision was gray. In wolf form, we're color blind; the only color we can see is red. In human form, I can see anything and everything. It was such a clear shade of red she was wearing. A beautiful red, plaid dress. Since it was chilly, and her dress was short sleeved, she had a long sleeve black shirt underneath. Her black sneakers were all muddy, covered in dirt, water, and what smelt like blood. I was twenty feet away, but still found her absolutely compelling. So badly I wanted to run up to her and start licking her hands, but I knew it'd get into a ton more trouble than I was already in.

Ever since then I've seen her in so many different places. It wasn't until recently that I finally was able to go up to her. I even gave her my name. My personal name. Everyone called me by Alpha, or Sir. This was the first time I've ever had someone- let someone for that matter call me by the nickname my mother gave me before she left. I've never really cared when people said my name, but when she did, it felt so much different then how people usually referred to me. It felt like she actually cared. I could smell her happiness easily. I could see it in her eyes, she was genuinely happy to be around me unlike everyone else.

"Sweet child, I have something to discuss with you," Granny said. I slowed my pace a little.

"Of course, 할머니. What's on your mind?"

"Right now, as you know I am going through a difficult problem with my health. Someday, I won't be here anymore. I know this day is coming soon, I can feel it," I can smell it. She was right, her end was coming close. Not for a while longer, thankfully. "Y/N is growing up. In a matter of years, she'll be off to marriage or whatnot. She needs a man that'll take good care of her, as well as one that she is comfortable with. I'm afraid I won't make it to the day I will be able to approve of her choice or not. I'm concerned for her, you see. That's why I was thinking of making a proposition."

I could see from a mile away where this was going. Still, I listened to hear what she had to say.

"Chan Sweetie, please consider marrying my precious Y/N. Even if it's not marriage you have in mind with her, at least stay with her. That's my one request to you before my time comes."

I considered her words for a moment. Mating with Y/N? I breathed in the cold air, the sun gently dancing on my skin. "I'll have to think about it. Surely enough, whatever answer I come up with, I can guarantee you'll like it. As long as Y/N is okay with it as well."

Looks like I have some thoughts to consider.