Chapter 2

I look at the door Jonah just walked out of. I tap my lips with a stupid smile on my face. The tv is still on and pizza box is on the round table. I pick it up and go to the tv to turn it off for the night.

It's been a couple days since my breakup, his friends know by now. I try to hangout with my friends sometimes but I been to myself for the past days. Jonah has been distant from me since then, I don't know why.

M

G R E E N

A full week later from breakup.

I'm out the guys and girls hanging out , they were having a good time. We were at the beach since that's where we all live. It's evening time now , less people here , temperature is warm but hot anymore.

I see Jonah sitting at the chairs we had put up , others were in the water or at the bar getting food.

"Hey" I say to him sitting down in the chairs near. He looks over with his shades on, he puts them on his head. He nods his head looking back at the water.

"What have you been up to?" I ask him he glances over for a second, as I'm playing in the sand with my feet.

"Nothing, just working really, you?"

"Pretty bored, I haven't really hangout with the friends in a couple days" I say looking down at the sand near my feet.

I start talking again but me being sorry for what I did a couple days ago.

"You know you can't do that, but it's fine" he says looking over to me and I just look to the side.

"Why"

"Liyah you just broke up with someone"

"You have to slow down, it looks suspicious if you start doing stuff to me"

"I was the man's best friend, so it's going to look suspicious" he says to me , I nod my head looking away.

"But you did it to me first" I say to him, he sighs.

"And I'm sorry about that , I was in the wrong and I'm not going to do it again." He says to me.

"You just got out of a breakup and your mind isn't right right now" he says to me.

"Yea whatever" I say standing up walking away to the bathroom area. There are benches over there that I might go to at the moment.

Jonah sits there tapping his foot , I'm being very stubborn right now. He stands up following behind me, I sit on the bench and he stands right in front of me. I look up seeing him standing there , I look away nodding my head.

"Can you listen and not be stubborn right now" he says to me, I nod my head for him to go away. I'm not going to listen to him right now.

He talks to me again, I nod my head as a sign for not wanting to hear him anymore.

"Take things slow , you need to understand what's happening and go from there" he says to me, I'm looking at the sand.

"Are you listening to me?" he asks, I shake my head as a no.

"Liyah!" He says to me and I laugh.

"It's not funny, stop this before people start assuming things. Then you'll look like the bad guy."

"Okay"

"Can you leave me here to myself for a moment?" I say not looking at him , he looks down at me sitting there looking at the ocean.