Chapter 8

It's been 6 months since that day. I haven't really talked to any of the friends really. I was getting kind of worried about Jonah.

He texted me out of the blue two days ago  saying something about he's taking a break from life.

Fuck!

I run to my car driving to his house. He hasn't been himself, this isn't the reason something else it going on and then this adds on top.

I knock on the door his brother answer this time.

"Is Jonah here?" I ask him he looks back and shakes his head.

"Can you tell him I want to talk to him." I say to Jay he nods his head, I see Jonah walking in the distance in the house.

"Jonah!" I say he turns seeing me, I move past his brother, Jonah walks up the stairs to get away from me.  I run up the stairs as his pace begins to increase.

"Hey Jonah stop running" I say to him, he walks into his room closing the door.

I open it closing it behind me, goes to a big canvas in the room.

"Jonah why did you text me that mess!" I say to him he shrugs his shoulders.

"You don't say some shit like that man" I say to him wanting to cry thinking about an old friend who said the same thing.

"I'm fucking going through it." He says to me painting on the canvas.

"I tried but I stopped myself, I'm sorry for saying it... I'm just trying to think about other things." He says looking at the canvas.

"What's going on, if I may ask?" I say to him he puts the brush in the apron pocket.

"Don't worry about it, it's just taking a toll on me for right now, we'll it happened two months ago... and I thought about it again." He says looking down.

"Hey do you want to see what I'm painting" he try's to cheer himself up and change the subject.

I walk over to him looking at the big canvas, very abstract but amazing. I nod my head looking at it, he has been painting on this for a while now.

"It's looks really amazing" I say to him still looking at the painting.

He stands up to go to the balcony in his room. I look over to him he pulls a box on it pocket.

What does he think he is doing.  I come to the balcony smacking the box out his head over the rail. I look at him as he had pulled one cigarette out.

"Man what are you doing smoking?" I say to him, he pulls out a lighter. I pull the cigarette out of his mouth , I looks over to me.

"I want to?" He says trying to get it back.

"You know you're slowly killing yourself by doing this." I say moving my hand away from his throwing the cigarette over the rail.

"Can you not do it, it's very disgusting." I say to him taking his lighter playing with it.

"It makes you stinky" I say holding my nose laughing.

"I smelt that shit on you, but I thought I was tripping." I say walking back into his room sitting on the bed playing with the lighter.

"Liyah, I've been doing dumb stuff for past months." He says as I turn my head, I felt heat near me.

Jonah quickly comes to me pouring water on my head that's the first thing he saw.