1. The Sehgals

The birthday celebration of the Sehgal twins was a grand occasion. The party was the biggest that the city had seen in a while. The family masnion was beautifully decorated, and just about everyone had been invited.

Mihir Sehgal smiled as he looked around the room, finding his siblings in the crowd of people. Sasha, who was older to Ayaan by 5 minutes, was standing with her her friends from college. Ayaan was near the food court, munching on food as he chatted with his best friend, Maan.

Mihir was happy to see his brother so cheerful. He had recently gotten injured at a sports event at his college, and had been very upset about it. Mihir was glad to see that his mood had improved.

"You know, Mihir, tujhe businessman nahi, event organizer hona chihiye tha," a voice said.

Mihir turned to find his best friend and Maan's elder brother, Ahil. "Kya party hai! Log thode kum hote to accha hota, lekin."

(This is Ahil)

(This is Ahil)

Mihir smiled. "Koi nahi, mere birthday ke liye sirf tujhe invite karoonga, okay?" Mihir replied.

Ahil-"That will be awesome, thank you. Mere hote hue aur kisi ki zaroorat bhi kya hogi."

Mihir rolled his eyes good-naturedly. Ahil hated social events. Even in their business, he left all meetings and negotiations to Mihir. Today also, he'd only come because it was Ayaan's birthday party, and he had not wanted to leave Maan alone.

"May I have your attention, everyone?"

Sasha was standing on the stairs now, the spotlight focused on her. Slowly, the room quieted down and turned to face the birthday girl.

Sasha smiled. "First of all, thank you all for coming, and making this party so special," she said. A cheer rose up from the crowd.

"Aaj mera 17th birthday, aur meri liye bohot special hai," Sasha continued, "so I want to take this opportunity and some a few words about some very special people."

"Mom," she said, turning to Alisha, who was watching her daughter with a wide smile, "aap se special mere liye koi nahi hai. Aaj tak aapne mere liye kitna kuch kiya hai. Aap hamesha mere saath rahe ho, you've given me the best of everything. Thank you for being my best friend, and the coolest mom ever."

The crowd applauded. Alisha gave her daughter a flying kiss.

"Ayaan," Sasha said next, looking at her twin, who waved with the hand that was not busy still eating. "To you, I just want say, I know hum hamesha ladte rahte hai, but I love you, little brother." Ayaan placed his hand dramatically over her heart, closing his eyes. The crowd laughed. Sasha smiled. "Also, meri baat kabhi kabhi sun loya karo, main tumse badi hoon, remember?" This, Ayaan pretended not to hear.

Sasha shook her head at him and turned to the room once again. "And lastly, ek aur bohot special insaan jinko main bhool nahi sakti," she said, then paused for a moment. Mihir smiled.