7. The Invitation

My eyes shoot open as a splash of cold water hits my face. I heavily breathe as I lock eyes with Enzo, who sits on the chair opposite mine. His eyes are full of rage. I can see it on his face - he is hungry, hungry to kill me. He wants to see me dead.

I shouldn't have accepted his offer. I shouldn't have gotten in his car in the first place. Why was I so stupid? So naive?

My heartbeat is so fast and loud that I can hear it in my ears. My eyes fill with tears as the thought of this being the end of my life consumes me. I'm going to die without proving the truth.

"Such a pity, I'll have to kill you before even knowing how you tasted," Enzo's eyes wander down my body, "but don't worry. I won't torture you - I will be quick." He smirks as he looks at the gun in his hands. Why did I notice that gun just now?

"Do you have any last wish, bellissima?"

"Why are you doing this?" The words get caught up in my throat.

"Hm? What was that? Why I'm doing this?" He bitterly laughs, "Because I know everything, amore." Enzo's voice is cold, filled with hatred, and also pain.

Tears fall down my cheeks as I furiously shake my head, denying everything, and he smiles at my misery, "Please, I can explain," I plead with him, but I know it won't lead me anywhere.

And with a little laugh and a kiss in my direction, he fires.

"No!" A loud scream escapes my lips, and I jolt awake, only to realize that it was all a nightmare - A nightmare that will probably turn into reality soon.

My heart is racing, my head is throbbing, and a loud buzzing sound is pissing me off.

I look at Enzo, who sits on the seat across mine, yet instead of a gun, his hand holds a glass of wine.

And instead of fury, concern plays on his devilishly handsome face, "Had a nightmare?" His voice is sweeter than honey as he speaks to me. It makes me feel like a little child that got lost.

I nod my head, gulping.

"Was it about me?" And just like that, all the sweetness is drained, and his head tilts to the side mockingly.

I don't say a word about the nightmare, afraid it will give him ideas to kill me.

"Where am I?" I ask as I look around, and my jaw drops. Remember the annoying buzzing sound? Yeah, I'm on a private plane.

"Why am I here?" I ask another question. And that is when I acknowledge my hands are tied to my seat. I struggle against the rope for a few moments but realize they are too tight for me to untie.

"Did you kidnap me?" Of course, he did, Mila. I throw my third dumb question at him, but he still doesn't say a word. Instead, he keeps staring at me with a curious look in his eyes.

And something about that makes me experience the same feeling I had on stage when I locked eyes with him. I feel small.

"Remember when I told you I'm planning on taking you?"

I'm planning on taking you.

My mind wanders to that night, the night he kidnaped me, the night I felt those strange things.

I gulp.

And when I look at him again, he is standing in front of me. His hands rest on my wrists as he lowers his head - he is on eye level with me, and something happens to me again. I hate this feeling. And I hate how good he smells.

"I'm planning on taking you with me everywhere I go, bellissima. Your punishment is that you are bound to me. You and I are now one." He whispers in my ear, and just like that, he leaves me sitting alone.