Chahat Prologue

Hoorain Baig Alam

Hoorain Baig Alam

Asfandyar Akbar Mir

Asfandyar Akbar Mir

چاہت - Chahat : Love, fondness, desire

||Duniya ko agar pata chal jaye tumhe kitna chahta hoon

Adhi Rashk say mar jaye gi aur adhi hasad say||

PREVIEW:

"I...I don't want to marry you!" Hoorain exclaimed loudly. 

He stared at me as if I had grown two heads, and started slowly and calmly walking towards me. I knew I messed up but I had to stand up for myself. I slowly backed away as he came forward. I raised my hands in a gesture for him to stop but that didn't stop him at all and came forward. 

He asked, "Why meri jaan?"  while still walking towards me, slowly and agonizingly. 

At this point, I was pressed against the wall and he was so close to me to the point I could smell his expensive cologne and I would hate to admit it but it smelled amazing.

"Because.....because....." How was I supposed to tell him that I didn't want to marry him because he didn't like cookies and cream ice cream. I was ready to sacrifice anything but when it came to ice cream, there was no compromise. 

He raised his hand to remove the few strands of hair on my face as he hummed urging me to continue. I took a deep breath and raised my eyes to meet his beautiful orbs. I mustered up all my courage and blurted out, "Because you don't like cookies and cream ice cream!!"  Realizing how stupid I sound, I quickly covered my mouth and my eyes widened.

His laugh hit my ears and I couldn't believe my ears, his laugh was angelic. My eyes quickly averted downwards to avoid the embarrassment as my cheeks flared up. 

He took ahold of my chin and lifted my head to meet his eyes, and whispered "Meri masoom Ain."  (My innocent Ain)

If I wasn't looking like a tomato before, I sure was now. I pushed him aside and rushed out of his study as I heard him laughing at me.

_________________

WARNING:

This short story talks about clans, casts and family history, and I don't know ANYTHING about any of those things, so I just named some random casts. I apologize if I have mentioned the wrong casts or offended anyone by any chance. Please reach out to me or correct me in the comments if you find any mistakes.

I don't own any of the pictures nor the poetry in this book.

Thank you!

You may read ahead.