Chahat 7

Author's POV

After the engagement, both families just had 2 weeks to prepare for everything. Since both of the families were traditional they decided to do a bunch of traditions including, mayun, dholki, mehndi and other traditions.

Right after Hoorain and Asfandyar's engagement, everyone started shopping and got busy with preparations for everything. In the first 3 days, Hoorain was dragged from shop to shop and was made to try on different attires. It was really hectic for Hoorain and like everyone else, they too had wedding dress issues. At the end, Asfandyar selected the dress and asked Hoorain about it. Hoorain who saw the dress and just fell in love with it and said yes. (A/N: It's so funny, everyone I've asked about their wedding always say they had dress issues, is it that common?)

On the fourth day, it was Hoorain's mayun. Her mayun only consisted of her family, friends and her mother-in-law. She was clad in a yellow shalwar kameez void of any makeup and barely any jewelry, the people invited would one by one rub a paste on her and bless her while making her have something sweet. The mayun was something Hoorain herself wanted. She was always fond of traditions no matter what they were.

Mayun also marked her curfew. After her mayun, she was not allowed to leave the house and Asfandyar was also not allowed to meet her before their Mehndi, this irked Asfandyar so much. Asfandyar did not mind other traditions but this one really had him irritated but he had no say because it was Hoorain's decision after all.

But that did not stop Asfandyar from meeting Hoorain. He tried everything to get a glance at her but luck was never on his side. He would come to their house with his mom or sister with an excuse to deliver something unannounced and try to catch a glimpse of his dushman-e-jaan but apparently she would always be in her room or in another room. He went as far as to climb Hoorain's balcony once at night but as always he couldn't see her as she was downstairs having a dholki with the females.

He would message her and literally beg her to show herself but Hoorain was enjoying him being tortured, so she would reply with a simple, "Mehndi pe dekh lena." This would tick off Asfandyar, she was like a drug to him and right now his drug was denying being consumed. The cat and mouse game was immensely fun for Hoorain right now but Asfandyar was not going to let her get away with it, he would surely get back at her.(You can see me on the Mehndi.)

These days were really busy for everyone apart from Hoorain, she was staying at home and taking care of herself. While Asfandyar was looking over every little detail of the wedding as well as handling his office work. Of course he got help from Wali but he wanted to make sure that he would be free for at least one month after their rukhsati.

From the day of Hoorain's mayun to the day of her mehndi, she had dholkis every other day. The females would sit around and sing songs while some people would be busy in dance practices. Another thing Hoorain was very excited about was the dance performances.

At last, the day of her mehndi finally came. They were having a joint mehndi at a venue chosen by Asfandyar. It was out in the open, it gave out really nice vibes. There was a huge stage in the middle for the performances.

Hoorain was currently getting ready at her home. The makeup artist surely did an amazing job on keeping it light but highlighted her features. Hoorain quickly changed into her dress which looked really pretty on her. She already had her mehndi done in the morning and didn't wash it till the evening because as the saying goes, 'the darker the color of your mehndi, the more your mother-in-law loves you ;)'. Hoorain also had a little challenge waiting for Asfandyar and he did have a hint about what that could be.

 Hoorain also had a little challenge waiting for Asfandyar and he did have a hint about what that could be