Chahat 1

In the heart of Islamabad, stood tall the Mir mansion, in which the famous Asfandyar Mir lived. Even after inheriting his father's business, he went to make his own business empire which proved to be even more successful. It sure took a lot of time and hard work but paid off.

Asfandyar closed his laptop as he glanced at his expensive Rolex watch to realize the day was still young, being one of the most successful businessmen surely had its perks and one of them was luxury. He then glanced at the mini picture frame on his desk beside his laptop. His features visibly relaxed as he saw the picture of his dushman-e-jaan.

He picked the frame and audibly sighed as he leaned back on his revolving chair while gazing at the beautiful specimen on the picture frame. He lowly muttered to himself, "Bas thori der aur meri jaan, phir tum Mir ki ho jayo gi. Inshallah." (Just a little more time my love and then you'll be Mir's. Inshallah.)

As he was busy in his own world, he didn't notice Beejaan enter his study until she cleared her throat, which seemed to bring him back from his dreamland. "Asfandyar beta, ap chaye ke liye nichey aa jayein. Bare sahaab apse milnein ayein hein." (Asfandyar dear, come down for tea. Elder master is here to visit you.)

He glanced at Beejaan, her old age was visible on her face. Beejaan was like a second mother to him, she took care of him since he was in diapers and he had a close bond with her, hence she was allowed to call him by his name. He replied, "Baba Jaan? Is waqt?" (Dad? At this time?)

She nodded after which he said, "Jee acha, mein abhi aya." (Ok, I am coming). And went back to staring at the mini photo frame. Beejaan meekly nodded and left and as soon as she closed the door, she sent a prayer to her Allah for his happiness which she knew was none other than the girl in the picture frame.

__________________

After exactly 5 minutes Asfandyar came downstairs, to see his Baba Jaan sitting on the couch with his mother. His father said something to his mother to which she blushed and hit him on his arm playfully. He internally smiled seeing them like this and wishing to have what they have with his dushman-e-jaan. He cleared his throat and said his salaam and sat on the couch beside the one they were sitting on.

"Walaikum Assalam beta! Aap kese ho? Aj kal ghar hi nahi atey milne humein. Sab theek to he na?" Mrs. Mir asked (Walaikum Assalam son! How are you? You don't come home to meet us these days. Is everything ok?)

"Jee Ami, sab theek hai. Aap befikre rahein. Bas aaj kal aik bohat zaroori deal krni thi, to us mein busy tha but ab wo final ho chuki he so ab mein zaroor ayoon ga. Ap sunayein, Raima ka kya haal he?" He replied to ease his mother, Raima was his annoying little sister. (Yes mom, everything's fine. Don't worry, I was just busy with a really important deal lately, but it's been finalized so I will drop by soon. How's Raima?)

"Raima bilkul theek he. Mgr aaj mein aur apke baba apko wese milne nahi aaye. Humnein aapse bohut zaroori baat krni he." His mother started. (Raima is completely fine. But we're not here to just visit you. Your father and I have something important to discuss with you.)

Asfandyar frowned, thinking if everything was fine but replied with, "Jee bolein Ami." (Yes Mom, Go on.)

Mr. and Mrs. Mir shared a look but then Mr. Mir, who was quiet all this time, spoke, "Asfandyar Beta, as you know your grandfather made a pact with the Alams." Asfandyar hummed, knowing exactly where this was going. The pact that his grandfather made with the Alams was to increase their relations and for business purposes as well. His grandfather and Jahanzeib Alam were best friends and it was their last wish before both of them passed away a month apart from each other.

His grandfather wanted to see him and the granddaughter of the Alam's get married as soon as she turned 18 or 20. When she turned 18, her father told the Mirs that she wasn't ready and he wasn't ready either to tell his daughter and they hesitantly agreed but it secretly outraged Asfandyar because he thought they were just trying to keep him away from her.

Mr. Mir continued, "And Hoorain beti is turning 20 in 2 weeks, so we would like you to be prepared for nikkah." Asfandyar smiled hearing her name and started to fantasize about their wedding.

Mr. Mir continued telling him about how responsible and caring he should be towards his wife and his duties as a husband unaware of the lover beside him who was on cloud 9 thinking about their wedding. His Ain would finally be His. He could finally call her as His.

He came to earth when his parents stood up to leave. His father put his hand on his shoulder and told him "Beta, wo is ghar mein beti ban ke aa rahi hai aur na hi bahu to usse achi tarah treat karna. Koi shikayat nahi mile mujhe." ( Son, she is coming here as a daughter and not as a daughter in law, so treat here nicely and I don't want to hear her complain at all.)

"Baba jaan abhi to aayi bhi nahi aur abhi se hi aap uski side le rahe hein. Jab Aaye gi tab mera kya hoga." Asfandyar shook his head and acted hurt while saying that to which his father and mother giggled. ( Dad, she's not even here yet and both of you are taking her side. I wonder what will happen when she's actually here.)

Mr. and Mrs. Mir left after that and Asfandyar retired to his room after dinner. He looked at his bedside table at the picture of Hoorain smiling laughing about something. He took a hold of the frame and laid down with a hand under his head and the other hand holding the frame at his eye level. He smiled to himself admiring her beauty. His Ain was beyond beautiful, with silky mid back length dark brown hair, and those pretty eyes with a freckle beneath her right eye. He muttered a Mashallah and placed her picture back in its place and slept. 

________________________

Assalamualaikum!!

Here's chapter 1, let me know how it is. I know its only Asfandyar's point of view but the next chapter would be from Hoorain's POV. Till then Allah Hafiz my lovely readers! <3