Junoon 6

DISCLAIMER: The male lead is extremely obsessive and possessive and maybe borderline toxic. I will not change that at all. He might do some things that are offensive to some of you.

Author's POV

Salaar woke up around 8:22 am with a stiff back from sleeping on the couch. He made a note to get a convertible sofa bed as soon as he can. He groaned as the muscles in his back cracked. His gaze unknowingly moved to Zara sleeping on the bed with a relaxed face. (A/N: I LOVEEEE convertible sofa beds.)

The corners of his lips tilted upwards from seeing his angel looking so calm and beautiful. He moved towards the bed as he ran a hand through his already messed up hair.

He knelt beside the bed still looking at Zara hypnotically. "MashAllah." He couldn't help but mutter. Zara was painfully beautiful. He could feel his heart oozing the love he held for her. He was smiling so hard that he thought his jaw would dislocate if his smile stretched a little more.

He wouldn't say that he didn't feel bad for what he did. He did feel bad but all he did was for the better. He was trying to protect Zara from the evils lurking around the world. If he tried protecting her from the shadows, questions would start arising within his business world about who the girl is.

He shrugged the thoughts away, and slightly brushed away the stray hairs resting on her cheek. His eyes touched every nook and cranny of her face, not missing a single detail. His eyes momentarily stopped on her plump lips.

Her lips looked more kissable now than ever, his mind wandered to the more sinful thoughts of him kissing those lips insensibly. His thumb grazed her lips lightly, making Zara whimper in her sleep.

Before he could lose all his senses, his phone dinged, indicating a message. He gave Zara one last look and got up to check who it was.

He opened his phone to see Rayan's message, 'Yo, are you coming to the gym today or do you have other plans, dulhe mian😏?'

He could feel Rayan and Mikael giggling like teenage girls through the screen. Men might be tough but they can have teenage girl tendencies when talking about their best friend's love life.

He sent a quick, 'Coming' and headed downstairs to the gym.

__________________________

The sunlight came in through the curtains and camped on Zara's face making her stir from her sleep. She turned around trying to regain her sleep but the sunlight was not going away. She eventually decided to open her eyes.

Her eyes came in contact with the vaguely familiar room. Memories from yesterday came rushing back to her. She sat up and looked around to see no one around, her heart seemingly relieved.

She looked for her phone and unplugged it from the charger she was given. She looked at the time which read 10:07 am. It wasn't too late, she sighed. She still had time to go for her shift at the hospital.

She stretched and eventually left the comfortable bed. She opened the closet to pick a decent outfit for her day. After choosing an outfit, she went straight to the bathroom to get ready for her day.

As she was in the bathroom, Salaar came into the room only to find it empty. For a moment, his heart panicked but the sound of water running in the bathroom made him calm down. He sat on the couch looking through his phone and waited for his wife dearest to get ready.

Zara came out of the bathroom feeling fresh. Her heart came to a halt when she saw Salaar lounging on the sofa, who looked up from his phone to acknowledge her. The rage from yesterday came full force on her along with fear of what he can do.