2

—

How would anyone react after such a weird interaction at their job/school? Y/N didn't know. Those two men creeped her out - why did it seem like they knew the bracelet? Maybe it was an act of deja vú, or they were trying to creep her out; they succeeded if it was the second option.

"Hey, Y/N. You ok?" Luther asked, walking up to the tired girl. She looked back at him, putting on her fake smile she would give to everybody, "I'm fine." Lie.

"I've known you for 2 years now. I know when you're lying to me,"

"How do you know?"

Luther pointed at her lips, the ones that still held the fake smile. "I know that smile you give when you don't want anybody to know your true feelings. It's not going to work on me." She cursed in her mind, forgetting that her co-worker knew her so well.

"These two guys came into the shop and they were weird, first they bought some questionable stuff together and then they examined my bracelet like it was familiar to them," Luther listened on to the girl he loved, mad at himself for not being there to protect her from creepy customers.

"It was odd, they asked about my father and one of them looked annoyed when I didn't tell them."

"Did you get their names? It's odd how curious they were on your dad." Y/N shook her head, annoyed that she couldn't get their names.

"I hope they never come back."

It wasn't a surprise to the boy next to her that Y/N hated when someone asked her about her father, it was like a terrible memory. She could barely talk about him for a few seconds before breaking down in tears and begging to change the subject.

After his death, she would put up her best fake smile that she could put. She would only show her true feelings to her little sister, not even to her best friend, Imani. Not even to her own mother, not even to Luther — he kept wondering what he was to her, maybe a friend? Or just a co-worker that she talked to at work.

He knew his feelings were noticeable to the girl, it was no surprise to anybody who knew the two about his feelings.

"If they do, just give me a holler and I'll take care of them!" Luther put on a brave face, making Y/N laugh at his silly face.

"Thank you, Luther. You're so sweet." She gave him a hug, causing the cheeks of his face to warm up, thanking that his skin was tan so it wasn't noticeable.

"Yeah! No problem."

The day came and went, Y/N ringed up every customer that entered the store. Soon it was time to clock out, after she said her goodbyes, she left.

She didn't live far from her job and college, walking home wasn't such a problem.

It was a quiet night, aside from some crickets and owls making their nightly noises. The October breeze not disappointing, it was almost Halloween and most importantly her fathers death anniversary.