5

—

"Sis, it's fine! I get it. I would've acted the same way if I were you." Cassie reassured her big sister, it was a Sunday morning. Y/N decided not to go in to work today, wanting a day to herself and to relax.

"Yeah, but you still deserve an apology. I shouldn't have yelled at you." Y/N apologized again, Cassie shook her head with a smile on her face. "You're so apologetic, sis. I forgive you." This made the older girl smile, happy that they're on good terms. The younger sister twirled a pen that she was holding as she continued talking.

"I'm going out with my friends to the movies, there's supposed to be this new horror movie coming out!" Cassie said in excitement. 'At least she'll have fun today.' Y/N thought.

Cassie's phone dinged, indicating that she got a new notification. She glanced at her phone, settling down the pen on the table to text back her friends, setting it on her back pocket once she was done.

"That's them, bye sis!" Cassie headed out the door, too excited to hear Y/N call out a goodbye. The girl sighed, looking at the quiet house around her, wondering what she'll do to distract herself from everything happening to her.

The name's Freddy Krueger.

Freddy Krueger. She got out her phone and searched up the name of the serial killer, tons of articles popped up the second she pressed search.

Articles of people dying in their sleep, the most recent one was yesterday of some stranger girl. Why didn't he kill Y/N? He had the perfect chance to do so last night.

Scrolling down more to see nothing of interest to the H/C haired girl. With a sigh of defeat, she put her phone down on the table. What did this slasher want with her? He only toyed with her last night, was he going to kill her tonight?

Thinking about it made the girl's head hurt. Maybe she needed to get out of the house, get some fresh air and not end up as bad as her mother. Speaking of Y/N's mother, she wasn't in her room today which was odd for the middle aged woman. She was usually holed up in her room, a blanket over herself no matter the weather.

Y/N didn't think too much about it, 'She's probably doing another extra shift.' Y/N thought, her mother would take extra shifts on holidays, especially since the death anniversary of the girl's father was coming up.

Even her mother's job would beg her to stop taking the extra shifts, at first they thought it was for the extra money but when they realized it wasn't for that reason; they begged her to take the time off, as it wasn't healthy for Y/N's mother to be doing this.

As always, she didn't budge. Nobody can make her listen. Not like Y/N's father could, if he told  Y/N's mother to take the day off she would in a heartbeat. Their love was like no other, Y/N was a bit jealous of their relationship but she still hoped they stayed together until the end.